Justice Thomas accepted millions in gifts from right wing mega donor

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Its' funny none of these pseudo-intellectuals shitcanning my points without being intellectually honest, can answer the question....
....nor can they give any kind of realistic plan of how to change the trajectory of the GQP .... without any context to the reality....
....They can't answer basic simple questions .... or they make fun of you for even asking, thus avoiding answering the question altogether....
Because of people like this, willfully obtuse and willing to distort reality, offer no solutions, and answer no questions substantively.
I cannot believe how you just leaped off the pier into your full-blown idiocy. You've been slightly unhinged for weeks if not months, but this? You've gone full fucking clowntard.

Everything you just keep repeating to no end is projection and misrepresentation. You are trying to be "right" while putting forward nothing of substance or value. You continue accusing everyone of doing EXACTLY what you are doing yourself.

Until YOU have a well-laid and well-defined plan, just STFU about it already. Because you have nothing either, whether you want to admit it or not.

Someone let me know if/when squished stops being an imbecile. Until then, I don't care to see the same stupid shit over and over and over and over. Toodles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I mean we are two senators away from packing the court … how exactly is that unachievable?

Gen Z voters replace Boomers by the day, could easily happen in 2024.

This is the 2024 Senate map. It's a long shot. Anything is possible but, with a completely non-inspirational candidate like Biden, it becomes even more slim. Possible but very slim. You want to pin your hopes on that vs coming up with some contingency plans?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I cannot believe how you just leaped off the pier into your full-blown idiocy. You've been slightly unhinged for weeks if not months, but this? You've gone full fucking clowntard.

Everything you just keep repeating to no end is projection and misrepresentation. You are trying to be "right" while putting forward nothing of substance or value. You continue accusing everyone of doing EXACTLY what you are doing yourself.

Until YOU have a well-laid and well-defined plan, just STFU about it already. Because you have nothing either, whether you want to admit it or not.

Someone let me know if/when squished stops being an imbecile. Until then, I don't care to see the same stupid shit over and over and over and over. Toodles.

I made a plan. To you it's meaningless messaging, to @fskimospy it's a coup attempt. You don't disagree with him, but you also don't agree with him, but based on your position, it has to be one or the other. All you are doing is obfuscating because you can't answer the question or be honest.

You are a dishonest hack on this topic. I'm surprised how easily the supposed smart people in the room can become so delusional when a reality of a quite possible situation is not nice within the capability of their minds to process. At all.

I know it's not pleasant, but the answer is not to be

istockphoto-594016450-612x612.jpg

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I never said to do a coup that would involve overthrowing the federal government, in the sense that we want to take over the whole United States. I do not propose to take over the federal government and try to manhandle the red states into subjugation. That's what a proposed negotiated and planned last resort national divorce is about. They can have their power over their country. And us over hours. Yes I think if the Democrats tried to take over the whole federal government and subjugate the red states, That would be a mistake. That's not what I'm proposing.

The only other solution, which is yours, is to roll over and let them take over the whole country. Again what is your plan?

I'm not sure why you can't read these basic things.

How would you dice up the military, split the nukes?

Reactions: Pohemi

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
No you don't get anything. Where did I propose we get a mob to assault the capital and overthrow the government?
I wasn't responding to you or what you said. But seriously did you have something happen to you like 6 weeks ago? I used to enjoy your posts but lately you've just been on the attack in every thread.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I made a plan.
No, you didn't. Or at least, you haven't laid out what it is.

Your "contingencies" are the closest thing to a "plan" you've mentioned, and are outside the bounds of reality.

Everyone else is being intellectually dishonest or obfuscating while you're the guy with all the plans and ideas of how to fix things, amirite? lol
You are a dishonest hack on this topic.
Everyone is a dishonest hack according to you. Nobody will "answer simple and fundamental questions".

We are apparently "dishonest" simply for questioning your irrationality and projection. And our answers are ignored or brushed aside. There's no discussion with you any longer, and what's funny is that you believe yourself to be the reasonable, rational one.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Meghan54

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

Your "contingencies" are the closest thing to a "plan" you've mentioned, and are outside the bounds of reality.

Everyone else is being intellectually dishonest or obfuscating while you're the guy with all the plans and ideas of how to fix things, amirite? lol

Everyone is a dishonest hack according to you. Nobody will "answer simple and fundamental questions".

We are apparently "dishonest" simply for questioning your irrationality and projection. And our answers are ignored or brushed aside. There's no discussion with you any longer, and what's funny is that you believe yourself to be the reasonable, rational one.

Seriously, wtf happened to him? Bad acid trip? Ran out of meth? Got hooked on meth? Never remember this amt of irrationality before. Odd.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Forgive me if I gloat. The MrSquished thingi here is pretty funny to me. His situation reminds me so much of my own. I used to be his favorite target, hope I'm not being too egotistical here, as a lunatic pacifist who had no idea of the dangers the Republican Party represents. Now he's gone so far off the deep end he's attacking many of the same people I would refer to as violently extreme and in deep need of psychological understanding. I do feel guilty, I must admit, taking small pleasure over a pretty pathetic Justice Thomas corruption thread and the selling out of American justice for money, fame, and privilege.

I attribute this all to not knowing the limits of rage. We live in a system that has been corrupted to the degree to which there is no easy fix. There is only one way out that comports with the rules of our system and that is the vote of the American people. Only be electing a super-majority of progressive Democrats by a super-majority of progressively inclined voters in at least two thirds of the states can we effect a deep enough change to root out this corruption. That isn't going to happen soon, leaving the rest of us who see this as factual, stuck with the frustrating realization there is no fix at hand.

So what is frustration but suppressed rage, and what is rage? Rage is the emotion that protects of from the feelings of worthlessness we feel because we can't change anything. We are doomed to suffering. But what is it that we really suffer. Isn't it that we fear knowing the truth, that we were crucified and there it feels like there is no way back, that our pain can never be undone. But, of course, that is because we do not allow ourselves to suffer. We suppress our rage and in the process vivify it's negative aspects. So the problem is that we suffer from an inability to get even for what was always inevitable.

We were put down as children and made to believe we were worthless and all of the misery of our lives that has caused can only happen because we actually believe what we were forced to eat is true. But for those who have explored the limits of rage, have felt it to their toe tips, will make vivid were that rage comes from. Only when it is felt to its maximum without taking any physical actions of revenge, will that wall crumble and empathy for the real self that was murdered return.

He who suffers will experience grief and in a state of grief one can experience the meaning of grace. In grace one discovers the source of love.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Seriously, wtf happened to him? Bad acid trip? Ran out of meth? Got hooked on meth? Never remember this amt of irrationality before. Odd.
What you see is all about whose ox gets gored. If he's on your teem is fantastic but if he strays from the orthodoxy of the group then he's a heretic. He is neither. He is a person who has suffered pain and believes he can end it by destroying what he imagines has made him feel it. He is a human being who is asleep like all of us inwardly divided against ourselves.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I had a dream, but one I haven't the ability or knowledge as to how it could be fulfilled. My imagined what it would be like to start a Go-Fund-Me campaign to buy the Supreme Court, collecting millions and millions of dollars to bribe the Court to vote for the people instead of settling for the scraps the 1% would be willing to pay them. Say one hundred million each for a vote to put Roe back in place, reverse money is speech and dark money in politics. The conservatives on the court are clearly up for sale so why not get right into the game of buying them off publicly since everybody now knows the score.

Sadly, I don't know how to start such a fund but I think it would be fun.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Reactions: hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Great men have to do some shitty things to rise ta position where their greatness can be expressed in great things, I am sure Thomas tells himself. Any day now I wager, we are going to see some results. In the mean time, he will just have to cross his fingers and continue with the shiftiness.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Fascinating Interview. Wasn't aware one of his best friends was Rush Limbaugh

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Harlan Crowe sent letter to Senate Finance Committee flat out refusing to provide a list of gifts he made to Thomas.

Not that I would have expected anything better from this sleaze.
What's kind of incredible here is he's arguing that he, a private citizen, having to disclose all the money he gave to SCOTUS justices would violate separation of powers and lacks a legitimate legislative purpose, as if Congress wouldn't have any interest in knowing if SCOTUS justices are being bribed or if they are complying with ethics laws they are subject to.

My guess is they pull the Trump playbook here and try to run out the clock until the next Congress.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What's kind of incredible here is he's arguing that he, a private citizen, having to disclose all the money he gave to SCOTUS justices would violate separation of powers and lacks a legitimate legislative purpose, as if Congress wouldn't have any interest in knowing if SCOTUS justices are being bribed or if they are complying with ethics laws they are subject to.

My guess is they pull the Trump playbook here and try to run out the clock until the next Congress.
You mean it isn’t a violation of your right of privacy to be investigated for crimes you likely committed and don’t want exposed? Imagine trying to wrap your head around that. What a travesty. That’s got to be fascism.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Subpoena his ass. He isn't part of the government so he can't claim separation of powers. If he ignores it, arrest him.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Subpoena his ass. He isn't part of the government so he can't claim separation of powers. If he ignores it, arrest him.

Fuck that. He's very likely at least begging for a DoJ investigation (if there isn't one already).

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You mean it isn’t a violation of your right of privacy to be investigated for crimes you likely committed and don’t want exposed? Imagine trying to wrap your head around that. What a travesty. That’s got to be fascism.
It's not even necessarily for crimes! It is saying that the public has a right to know if someone's putting money in the pocket of one of the most powerful people in the country, which seems like an awfully reasonable thing to me.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Harlan Crowe sent letter to Senate Finance Committee flat out refusing to provide a list of gifts he made to Thomas.

Not that I would have expected anything better from this sleaze.
Well guess his lawyers just have to appeal whatever until it reaches the SC. Job done.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Well guess his lawyers just have to appeal whatever until it reaches the SC. Job done.

Seems like a constitutional crisis in the making. I think that will make Roberts come up with a Ethics Policy Fast. How is the SC going to rule on a matter that affects the Supreme Court? That should destroy whatever credibility it has left.

But who knows, the arguments Conservatives make nowadays seem devoid of law/reason. The argument that Congress who decides how the Supreme Court is constituted can't write ethics rules for it is asinine.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think they just have to delay until the Republicans reclaim the Senate in 2024. Then all this nonsense can be properly filed away under 'Failed Witch Hunts'. I don't see Biden going before cameras daily and warning the nation the Republican Party is a Mafia organization bent on the destruction of democracy and the establishment of Mob rule. That, of course, would be rude and we can't have that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Seems like a constitutional crisis in the making. I think that will make Roberts come up with a Ethics Policy Fast. How is the SC going to rule on a matter that affects the Supreme Court? That should destroy whatever credibility it has left.

But who knows, the arguments Conservatives make nowadays seem devoid of law/reason. The argument that Congress who decides how the Supreme Court is constituted can't write ethics rules for it is asinine.
Hopefully a bridge too far. That it is would be is my guess.