Justice for Cali MJ grower

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUYThat isn't a "flaw", people that break the law are taking a calculated risk(whether conscious or not) as to if they'll be caught and/or proscecuted. Just because the law isn't always enforced doesn't mean it can't be enforced. Does your logic hold up when you get pulled over for speeding? "well the other guy was going faster" - the cop will just laugh at you.

The law is the law whether you choose to follow it or they(cops, feds, whatever) choose to enforce it. You break the law, be prepared to be held accountable.

CkG

You aren't looking at the reality of the situation. There are finite resources to law enforcement. When they are used to catch lesser criminals, they are doing a disservice to the public they are supposed to be serving. Extreme example: at one end of the street a man is jaywalking, at the other a man is gunning folks down. There's one cop in the middle, and he decides to ticket the jaywalker and lets the gunman run off. Does the jaywalker deserve a ticket? Maybe. Has the cop put the public at greater risk by going after the lesser criminal? Absolutely. They are supposed to protect and serve for the safety of the public, not selectively enforce based on convenience, generating revenue, etc.

I don't disagree with your example but I thought this case was Federal? ;)

CkG

Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUYThat isn't a "flaw", people that break the law are taking a calculated risk(whether conscious or not) as to if they'll be caught and/or proscecuted. Just because the law isn't always enforced doesn't mean it can't be enforced. Does your logic hold up when you get pulled over for speeding? "well the other guy was going faster" - the cop will just laugh at you.

The law is the law whether you choose to follow it or they(cops, feds, whatever) choose to enforce it. You break the law, be prepared to be held accountable.

CkG

You aren't looking at the reality of the situation. There are finite resources to law enforcement. When they are used to catch lesser criminals, they are doing a disservice to the public they are supposed to be serving. Extreme example: at one end of the street a man is jaywalking, at the other a man is gunning folks down. There's one cop in the middle, and he decides to ticket the jaywalker and lets the gunman run off. Does the jaywalker deserve a ticket? Maybe. Has the cop put the public at greater risk by going after the lesser criminal? Absolutely. They are supposed to protect and serve for the safety of the public, not selectively enforce based on convenience, generating revenue, etc.

I don't disagree with your example but I thought this case was Federal? ;)

CkG

It is, so I'll use another example. There is a street, and at one end someone is growing medical MJ sanctioned by the state, at the other crooked corperate execs that are swindling millions of dollars from thousands of people. There's one FBI agent in the middle...

:)

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
It is, so I'll use another example. There is a street, and at one end someone is growing medical MJ sanctioned by the state, at the other crooked corperate execs that are swindling millions of dollars from thousands of people. There's one FBI agent in the middle...

I know a Fed in SF. He's Robbery, Fraud, maybe Racketeering. It is so easy to buy pot in SF. You can get a buzz walking down Haight Street. It is ridiculous to waste resources on MJ . . . the city has an island and a cultural center named Yerba Buena (good herb).