Justice for Cali MJ grower

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Guru of Ganja courtesy CNN
SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Ed Rosenthal, the self-proclaimed "Guru of Ganja," walked free Wednesday after a federal judge sentenced him to just one day in prison for growing marijuana Rosenthal said was for medical purposes. He could have gotten 60 years behind bars.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
He was greeted by dozens of supporters wearing pot leaf leis and pro-marijuana T-shirts, some carrying signs that read "Medicate, Don't Incarcerate" and "This is persecution, not prosecution." The scent of marijuana was pungent despite a strong police presence.

Is that paragraph relevant to the story, or is it just there for the people against legalizing MJ to be able to say "damn hippee potheads". It seems like it's sole purpose is to discredit the people that supported him as nothing more than potheads. Oh well..

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Let's see if that A$$HOLE Ashcroft rushes out to CA to persecute more disabled medical marijuana smokers.

Ashcroft needs a doobie. Damn uptight puritan jerk.

IMO the entire Bush administration needs to turn on. Except for George. Wouldn't want to trigger any flashbacks while George has his finger on the button.

I don't understand how these people attack the Muslim fundamentalists and then in the next breath try to set up some kind of right wing conservative theocracy here. Can anyone explain how their religious fundamentalism is any better than someone else's religious fundamentalism?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Let's see if that A$$HOLE Ashcroft rushes out to CA to persecute more disabled medical marijuana smokers.

IMO the entire Bush administration needs to turn on. Except for George. Wouldn't want to trigger any flashbacks while George has his finger on the button.

I don't understand how these people attack the Muslim fundamentalists and then in the next breath try to set up some kind of right wing conservative theocracy here. Can anyone explain how their religious fundamentalism is any better than someone else's religious fundamentalism?

Were the F#$% do you get Asscroft out of that article? The federal gov't has never recognized medical marijuana to my knowledge. I don't defend Asscroft - I think he is what is wrong with the Republican thinking but to blame this on him and/or Bush is assinine.

Get over you hatred of Bush, he didn't create the laws - dolt.

CkG

Edit - the judge did what was right in my opinion - or atlest did what he could do to salvage the situation.

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Were the F#$% do you get Asscroft out of that article?
Under the Clinton admin, the Feds mostly ignored state medical marijuanna initiatives. It wasn't until Bush appointed Asscroft that they began cracking down and violating the states' rights.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Were the F#$% do you get Asscroft out of that article? The federal gov't has never recognized medical marijuana to my knowledge. I don't defend Asscroft - I think he is what is wrong with the Republican thinking but to blame this on him and/or Bush is assinine.

Get over you hatred of Bush, he didn't create the laws - dolt.

CkG

Edit - the judge did what was right in my opinion - or atlest did what he could do to salvage the situation.

If you care to disregard history then Ashcroft doesn't come into the picture. Ashcroft is the first Attorney General in my memory to send in his gestapo to arrest people in wheel chairs for using state sanctioned medical marijuana.
*edit*
By the way, what ever happend to "States Rights"? I suppose they ended at the Supreme Court in 2000.

I suppose your reply is what is known as a "flame." Dolt? :)
Sharing the forums with you a dolt would be in very good company. As a dolt you are overclocked on nitrogen.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
While I can certainly emphasize with your feelings BOBDN, this probably isnt the approriate thread to rant about it. ;)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: reitz
Were the F#$% do you get Asscroft out of that article?
Under the Clinton admin, the Feds mostly ignored state medical marijuanna initiatives. It wasn't until Bush appointed Asscroft that they began cracking down and violating the states' rights.

That's funny. Asscroft cracking down. Is that an Asscrack?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
While I can certainly emphasize with your feelings BOBDN, this probably isnt the approriate thread to rant about it. ;)

You may be absolutely right, sMiLeYz. But I rant everywhere. I try not to attack anyone though unless they attack me first. ;)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
CkG's uptight self should take a puff of the peace pipe... :cool:

Actually, while I usually don't agree with him, Cad does have a sense of humor and can take a joke. :) Now, I can definately think of someone else on this forum who might be benefitted by your advice though..;)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
And besides, CkG. That's the whole point. Ashcroft and the Bush administration's policy on medical marijuana is the reason federal charges were brought against Ed Rosenthal. He was working for the city of Oakland in a legal State of California drug program. Don't kid yourself. No federal charges if they don't insist on them.

Thank God at least one judge in this country has his head screwed on straight.

Yeah, states rights. :D

What ever happened to that other bed rock principle of the conservative Republicans? Less government interference in our daily lives? With these people I check under my bed every night. Clinton should have.

If they ever cleaned up under Bush's bed the EPA would show up. Well, maybe not now. They don't have the budget any longer to support a clean up of that size (or even a director at the moment).

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Is that paragraph relevant to the story, or is it just there for the people against legalizing MJ to be able to say "damn hippee potheads". It seems like it's sole purpose is to discredit the people that supported him as nothing more than potheads. Oh well..
I would say the paragraph is there to show the medical marijuana movement for precisely what it is: a bunch of potheads exploiting the suffering of others to legitimize pot.

Ever been to a medical marijuana rally? Its like 200 young healthy potheads fighting over who's gonna get their picture taken with the one or two sick people in a wheelchair. You get comments like "So dude, I need pot because I like have allergies. What is your marijuana needing medication condition?" (giggle giggle)

PUHLEEZE!

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: tcsenter
I would say the paragraph is there to show the medical marijuana movement for precisely what it is: a bunch of potheads exploiting the suffering of others to legitimize pot.

Ever been to a medical marijuana rally? Its like 200 young healthy potheads fighting over who's gonna get their picture taken with the one or two sick people in a wheelchair. You get comments like "So dude, I need pot because I like have allergies. What is your marijuana needing medication condition?" (giggle giggle)

PUHLEEZE!

There were people in CA state clinics being treated for pain sitting in wheelchairs arrested for using what is a legal drug for that purpose in that state. Would they be better off on Percocet or some other addictive narcotic?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Insane3D

Actually, while I usually don't agree with him, Cad does have a sense of humor and can take a joke. :) Now, I can definately think of someone else on this forum who might be benefitted by your advice though..;)

Ah Dude! You were doing so good, then you had to mention that thing with whatisname. Now he'll show up calling you a stalker or something. :eek: :D

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
There were people in CA state clinics being treated for pain sitting in wheelchairs arrested for using what is a legal drug for that purpose in that state. Would they be better off on Percocet or some other addictive narcotic?
Sure, pain, stress, allergies, headaches, stubbed toes, slivers, cuz my parents suck, it helps me think better.

I wonder how medical supply companies do on wheelchair rentals when the medical marijuana folks are in town for a photo op?

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: tcsenter

PUHLEEZE!

I won't disagree with that, but there are a good many people who don't support prosecuting people for recreational or medical use of MJ who do not fit that profile. However it seems anytime this issue comes up, they focus on the type of people you mention for no other reason than to further a stereotype. There are probably a larger amount of Americans than you think that would not be against legalizing pot, or even just legalizing for medical use only, but don't attend those rallies. By always pointing out that, in their view, the supporters of this movement are of the type of person you mention, they are indirectly trying it discredit the solid reasoning behind it.

Let's say that for arguments sake, the people supporting this man were dressed in business suits and driving Mercedes and BMW's...would they point that out? My whole point is that that paragraph is not needed to simply report the basic facts of this story, it is added for a reason.

Edit:

Whenever you generalize about a certain group of people, and decide because of how you see them, that they don't deserve to be listened to, you lose out IMO.

:)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Insane3D

Ah Dude! You were doing so good, then you had to mention that thing with whatisname. Now he'll show up calling you a stalker or something. :eek: :D

I didn't mention anyone's name did I ? ;) :p

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Ya' know, all drugs (with the exception of a few synthetics) are derived from our planet's flora and fauna.

"Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:1-3

How can they take away what God gave us? (I'd like to see them try that policy in the middle east ;)).

Don't those right wing Christian conservatives believe in a literal translation of the Bible? Selective Christianity. Just like their foreign policy :) (Iraq destroyed for having no WMD while negotiating with Korea which has WMD).

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The thing I hate about pot is that people have fun on it. Fun isn't something anybody deserves. Life is hard and misery is a way to stay real. Only by constant work and self denial can a man perfect a life without joy. Pot is the debble's work. It falls in idle hands. If you want to have fun, lay on a bed of nails. A hair shirt helps to make you nasty. I hate people who use the medicinal beauty of marijuana to work to achieve it's fun aspects too. Two rights make a wrong. Right? See that was only one.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
My whole point is that that paragraph is not needed to simply report the basic facts of this story, it is added for a reason.

Cut the crap. It was put in to show a general sense of the atmosphere and to add background information.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
The thing I hate about pot is that people have fun on it. Fun isn't something anybody deserves. Life is hard and misery is a way to stay real. Only by constant work and self denial can a man perfect a life without joy. Pot is the debble's work. It falls in idle hands. If you want to have fun, lay on a bed of nails. A hair shirt helps to make you nasty. I hate people who use the medicinal beauty of marijuana to work to achieve it's fun aspects too. Two rights make a wrong. Right? See that was only one.

Right. Oh, that's two. Does that make a wrong? I apologize. I must suffer for this mistake.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Lucky
My whole point is that that paragraph is not needed to simply report the basic facts of this story, it is added for a reason.

Cut the crap. It was put in to show a general sense of the atmosphere and to add background information.

Yes sir! I will cut the crap right now!

rolleye.gif

I forgot I was not allowed to have an opinion...sorry about that. :p