Justice Depart Files Anti-Trust Lawsuit against Google

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
With Warren supporting the lawsuit I guess there will be a day of decision for Biden on what to do about it in 2021 if he wins the election.

Edit: On a personal and thread related note I'm feeling like a fatter cat as time goes on with the Google (Alphabet) stock I have. If the lawsuit fails I become a fatter cat. If the lawsuit succeeds then according to Cramer and some others the stock will go up a lot so then I still become a fatter cat.

Last edited:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
With Warren supporting the lawsuit I guess there will be a day of decision for Biden on what to do about it in 2021 if he wins the election.

Edit: On a personal and thread related note I'm feeling like a fatter cat as time goes on with the Google (Alphabet) stock I have. If the lawsuit fails I become a fatter cat. If the lawsuit succeeds then according to Cramer and some others the stock will go up a lot so then I still become a fatter cat.
Yeah, I personally think if you split google into android/chrome, Youtube, and Google, the sum of the parts would be worth more than the whole.

I think the follow along issue is how do we keep a new monopoly from forming a few more years down the line? Obviously, computing and the internet love to create monopolies for various reasons. But in the long term, they are bad for consumers and innovation. A big part of that is that the FTC has been asleep at the wheel with mergers and acquisitions reviews, especially when many of them in tech happen when the consumed company is under the review threshold.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
The lawsuit should provide other beefy political issues too like the touchy subject of the timing of the conservatives' support for it. The Repubs are upset with perceived Google bias against conservatism but you can't say that in the lawsuit. Or I think it's hard to work it into the lawsuit without sounding as biased as the company has been accused of.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
The lawsuit should provide other beefy political issues too like the touchy subject of the timing of the conservatives' support for it. The Repubs are upset with perceived Google bias against conservatism but you can't say that in the lawsuit. Or I think it's hard to work it into the lawsuit without sounding as biased as the company has been accused of.
I think that is what makes Google the best first target. Seems like they have least political BS surrounding them. I guess maybe YouTube censors them a bit (I still see a bunch of conspiracy BS on there, though), but not nearly as political as Facebook would be.