Just met a 19 year old with a Viper GTS...

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
...and unlike most kids down here, it was *his money*.

How can someone so young get so lucky financially? I'm just two years from him and I've accomplished little...

AlphaIVT

Banned
Jul 26, 2000
maybe he rented it? Las Vegas has A Viper GTS for rent.

When i read your thread, i thought you meet a hot 19-year old chick with Viper GTS (from this forum).

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow. Must be nice. Some people are in the right place at the right time. Sometimes hard work and determination have nothing to do with it. Sometimes it does.

Ricky
DesignDawg

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
No, becuase I've heard about this guy for a few months now. I just never met him.

I guess he did some web design; when he hit 18 he got some financial "assistance" and it took completely off.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Heh. Sounds a little like Anand, except for the lack of purple BMW Z3.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Teenagers with Z3s are nothing in my city.
Like half a dozen of my friends have Z3s.

But a viper...WOW

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
well, technically its not that hard to afford a viper.. what is it, like $1250 payments if financed over 5 years.. I could do that @ 19 if I really wanted to, but I couldn't do much else but pay for the car.

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< well, technically its not that hard to afford a viper.. what is it, like $1250 payments if financed over 5 years.. I could do that @ 19 if I really wanted to, but I couldn't do much else but pay for the car. >>

Oh, OK. Yeah. It's not hard. ALL 19-year-olds make enough money to afford a viper. Also, you must not understand the word &quot;Afford&quot;, as you say you could afford it, but couldn't pay for anything else. That means you can't AFFORD it. Afford means to be able to pay for something without having to give something else up. --It means you have that amount of money TO SPARE. Could you pay the note on the car, pay the insurance (if in fact they would even insure you), and pay the maintenance? No? Then you couldn't AFFORD it.

Ricky
DesignDawg

sparkle

Nov 4, 2000
I can only imgine what he was paying in surance. He could have the money, especially if he invested at a younger age. I knew someone who was 20 and had 140,000 tied up in mutual funds.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I'd bet money he's paying $10K a year in insurance.

Also, one more thing... I think the estimated income to be able to truly afford a Viper is around $80,000 a year... Anand's bringing in what, $1 mil this year? I'd say he's spending his money a little more wisely.

Viper GTS

RoadRuner

Banned
Oct 4, 2000
19 year old can easily make $100K/year nowadays :)

pays off to be a geek :)

he could also sell crack and afford one too...

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No matter how he bought it, one thing is for sure, he is way too young and way too inexperienced to be behind the wheel of such a vehicle. They should make it mandatory to take a performance driving school before buying vehicles like this, unless of course one already has such accreditation. It's just as dangerous as putting a gun in an untrained person's hand ...

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
maybe he owns a viper now, but $10 says he is caught with his pants down i nthe back of an '84 crown victoria, with a prostitute with him. Seems people who come into money early lose it quickly. think Macauly Culkin<sp?>

RoadRuner

Banned
Oct 4, 2000
not necessarily, my bro who i gave my 90 mustang lx to, put a new tremec 5+motor, worked top end, s-trim blower, etc. it prolly is well over 400rwhp, and he can drive the hell out of it. he just turned 20. Once he cam's it, and put some alum heads on it and has it tuned it will be around 500rwhp. then again he's had a performance car for the past 3-4 years.

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Its crazy people that age buying new cars as they are still learning to dry &amp; they will definitly nick it, ding it &amp; prang it &amp; odds are they'll almost right it off too.

Anyway I bet he falls behind in the payments within one year.

&quot;... Anand's bringing in what, $1 mil this year?&quot;

I doubt it Viper, now that banner payments have been cut by more than 90% of what they were (the corporate world has finally realise that advertising on the web doesnt work, people just buy whatever's cheapest &amp; ignore the banners &amp; popups)