just got pwnd so hard....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
Originally posted by: dquan97
Call the ph# listed on the vending machine to file a complaint and get a refund.

can't do that....its too obvious....the machine will see it coming.

Plus the machine will give you that look every time you pass by. You can't live like that.

Glayde

Sep 30, 2004
Once the pop machine gave me two bottles. I figured I'd save one for the next day, but someone took it from staff refrigerator during the night. :(

It wasn't diet anyway, I normally avoid non-diet pop.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
oh noes, you should have rocked it or punched it like the Fonz.

I TRIED! I am not weak by any means but this thing was not moving for god himself!
try? there is no try. only do.

Billb2

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2005
Ah! the animosity of inanimate objects...they're all out to get us....

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
Maybe next time take someone tall enough so he or she can "access the buttons," that way, you won't be settling for what buttons you can reach.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Glayde
Once the pop machine gave me two bottles. I figured I'd save one for the next day, but someone took it from staff refrigerator during the night. :(

It wasn't diet anyway, I normally avoid non-diet pop.

I normally avoid diet pop, but if you want to give yourself cancer be my guest.:p

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
LOL. Not sure at your place but where I work we have a staff member who is "in charge" of the vending machines. She also has a tub of change so she can give refunds on the spot. Thanks for the laugh OP.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
I learned the rocking technique from a janitor at my school. Little Filipino dude freakin bitch slapped this vending machine.

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Cliffs:

1) insert dollar bill into vending machine. Nothing happens, cannot access buttons to select item

2) insert second dollar bill into vending machine. Nothing Happens cannot access buttons to select item

3) Insert 80 cents in coins into machine. Machine allows me to select item.

4) I scan items and notice one item that was hanging on the edge and figure well I should go for that so I can at least get a 2 for 1 to cover my previous losses.

5) Select item and second item gets stuck. TWO ITEMS IN A ROW STUCK HANGING ON THE EDGE!!! WHAT ARE THE FUCKING ODDS? WHO IS FUCKING WITH ME? IS THERE A HIDDEN CAMERA?

6) Rush back to my desk to get camera phone to capture insanity on record.

7) Someone beats me to the punch and recieved a 3 for 1 on my dime

8) PWN'd so fucking hard it hurts.

Me and my friends came across a vending machine that had three bags of Doritos hanging on edge. Instead of putting in a dollar we just horse-kicked the side until they all fell (nutrigrain bar fell too). Since we hang out near that machine you can still see the dent left by my boot on the side.

Lesson: When an item is in a vending machine barely being held up and you already put a dollar in...some good donkey-kicks are in order. Way better than what happens at my brothers old highschool (brick+window=profit)