Just got on a jury

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
After about 4 hrs of jury selection I barely ended up getting on the jury for something that will last two or three days, ~8hrs total.

The funny thing is all the stupid BS people make up just trying to get kicked off the panel. If they paid about 10x more than they did I'm sure they'd actually get better quality people. Now they just have people like me who want it done as fast as possible and don't really care if the guy goes to prison.

The defense attorney is third rate at best, this should be interesting.

/meaningless rant why don't they just use all the retired people who have nothing else to do instead of me?

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
Ladybuggy was selected today too. (guy is defending himself)

Ooh, I was. I thought about making a thread about it this morning on one of the computers in the juror waiting room, but I didn't really know what to say, because I was just sitting around in a jury selection room. It was kinda fun, though.

My trial was only supposed to last today, but because the guy's defending himself, he's objecting to every other statement that the DA makes, and we have to go back tomorrow, and possibly Friday, depending on how tomorrow goes.

I was kind of excited to be chosen. I hope your case goes well, and is interesting. Our judge looked like he was falling asleep today. :)

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug
how do u know that the defense is so poor?

<------- will be working for DA shortly.

The attorney was there the past two days for jury selection, he doesn't seem to handle himself that well, but who knows, maybe he'll surprise me.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: LadyBuggy

Ooh, I was. I thought about making a thread about it this morning on one of the computers in the juror waiting room, but I didn't really know what to say, because I was just sitting around in a jury selection room. It was kinda fun, though.

My trial was only supposed to last today, but because the guy's defending himself, he's objecting to every other statement that the DA makes, and we have to go back tomorrow, and possibly Friday, depending on how tomorrow goes.

I was kind of excited to be chosen. I hope your case goes well, and is interesting. Our judge looked like he was falling asleep today. :)

I'd find that entertaining, kinda like a train wreck :p

Apr 17, 2003

self represented? might as well go straight to jail and save everyone some time...

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: everman
Now they just have people like me who want it done as fast as possible and don't really care if the guy goes to prison.

Yes, do your civic duty proudly. :thumbsup::confused:

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002

I do feel kinda bad for him. Near the end of today, the judge started saying "overruled" to every objection he'd make, without listening to the whole thing. The defendant was yelling about how it was all lies. :p

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug

self represented? might as well go straight to jail and save everyone some time...

It's true.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001

I do feel kinda bad for him. Near the end of today, the judge started saying "overruled" to every objection he'd make, without listening to the whole thing. The defendant was yelling about how it was all lies. :p

Objection: LIES!!!

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002

Part of the discussion today between the first witness and the defendant was about whether or not 12 year olds are physically able to ejaculate. They argued about that for a few minutes, and it was completely off-topic. :Q (Because it wasn't relevant to the trial at all, I think it's alright if I mention that part. :))

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001

Part of the discussion today between the first witness and the defendant was about whether or not 12 year olds are physically able to ejaculate. They argued about that for a few minutes, and it was completely off-topic. :Q (Because it wasn't relevant to the trial at all, I think it's alright if I mention that part. :))

I hope they don't bring in any evidence for that point tomorrow.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
"Black people are almost always guilty. The police never make mistakes. I figure fry 'em and let God sort 'em out."

Never failed to get me off a jury yet. :laugh:

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
"Black people are almost always guilty. The police never make mistakes. I figure fry 'em and let God sort 'em out."

Almost always guilty? What are you, an amature? Even if a white man is on trial, just start ranting about how they must have the wrong man because he's WHITE! Either that or say that you are prejudice against everyone except yourself. Start ranting about how much you hate people who don't wear underwear. Act like not wearing underwear is a worst crime than whatever the trial is about. Be sure to ask everyone you meet if they are wearing underwear. If they happily tell you and don't think you're crazy enough, ask what color it is and if they have 'rust spots'. Then launch into a big spiel about it. I guarantee that you will get out.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: DainBramaged

have you SERIOUSLY used that?:laugh:

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
i can't wait till i get on a jury. time off work and i'll still get paid by my company!