Just got back from Cedar Point.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Rode that new dragster ride, and have to say it was awesome. Waited about 2 hours for a 15-20 second ride, but it was worth it. Anybody else here ride it yet?

KK

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Last time I was there Millenium Force had just opened up.. that was a cool ride. Wait was 2+ hours as well.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
What rollercoaster is it that looks like it could kill someone? Is that Millenium Force?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Yeah this was the first time I've been back since the magnum ride opened upin the early 90's. Didn't get to ride the millenium force as the wife wouldn't go for that one, I was lucky to have her get on the dragster.

KK

Izzo

May 30, 2003
She agreed to go on the dragster, but not on the millenium force?:confused:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the dragster was shut down for the past couple of weeks?

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Izzo

Is there any truth to the rumor that the dragster was shut down for the past couple of weeks?
The dragster has been shut down numerous times this year, and yes it was shut down for some weeks in June.

TubStain

Apr 19, 2001
yup it was shut down about 2 weeks back or so. Must have just reopened. I have my ticket in my wallet! just waiting for my gf to get back in town and then we are off to CP.

The last time I went, the millenium force was struck my lightning, so it was shut down. I was so pissed.

oh well... 2 huge thrills this time.

Edit:
Dragster status

It still appears to be shut down!

Izzo

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: KnightBreed
Originally posted by: Izzo

The dragster has been shut down numerous times this year, and yes it was shut down for some weeks in June.

Was it due to a girl choking on her gum after take off? I heard that rumor and am a bit skeptical. It's only a 20 second ride. They should've been able to prevent her from dying...

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: TubStain
yup it was shut down about 2 weeks back or so. Must have just reopened. I have my ticket in my wallet! just waiting for my gf to get back in town and then we are off to CP.

The last time I went, the millenium force was struck my lightning, so it was shut down. I was so pissed.

oh well... 2 huge thrills this time.

Edit:
Dragster status

It still appears to be shut down!

Damn, it was working yesterday, although while waiting in line for it they did have some mechnical problems that took about 25 minutes to fix. We got done with it just before it started raining, at which point they shut it down for about 2 hours, but opened it back up until the park closed.

KK