Just got a new mouse and i dont think i like it...

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
So, i just got this mouse and i dont think that i like it. It seems too long. I like to rest my palm/wrist on my desk and move with my fingers and hand, but this seems to force me to use my arm and hand. I also have the MX1000 which i really like, but i wanted a solid replacement for when the MX1000 needed recharging. It was cheap (woot!) so im not really complaining. However, what do other gamers think of this long mouse? How do you use it effectively?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I've never used one for any significant amount of time, but I don't care for them. They're too flat on top, and feel very awkward in hand. I pretty much stick with Logitech mice. I've tried others, but always go back. If nothing else they have great warranty service, but I've only had to use that once.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: lxskllr
I've never used one for any significant amount of time, but I don't care for them. They're too flat on top, and feel very awkward in hand. I pretty much stick with Logitech mice. I've tried others, but always go back. If nothing else they have great warranty service, but I've only had to use that once.

After using Logitech's warranty service ~4 times after a month or two of use each before their mice broke I said to hell with it. The company has obviously figured out that it's cheaper to make a garbage product and replace the ones that break than produce anything of quality. I have a diamondback now and find it very comfortable. Been going strong for a few years.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
One of the new Diamondbacks, came from the Habu. Loved them both, and give the Copperhead a chance. It'll grow on you.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I wasnt too keen on the feel of Razers either, at first.
After getting sick of the horrible design and feel of Logitech and MS gaming mice I decided to give the Viper a try.

It took very little time getting used to it and now I cant stand the shape and hand placement of regular mice.

The DeathAdder has a different shape from the other Razers, you may wish to check it out.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Second the recommendation for the G5. Mine has been flawless for two years. Solid, precise, and very ergonomic.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I use a cheap $5 Logitech optical mouse and it feels better in my hand than any other mouse I've used.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: tranceport
You need no other mouse than a G5.. G7 if you absolutely need cordless.

I have a G5 at home and a mx1000 at work. I have tested the G7 extensively though.

Put their warranty service 800 number on speed dial. You'll need it.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
when i got my g5, i hated how it felt but then got used to it and loved it. i just recently switched to a g9 and hated it at first but now i don't mind it so much.

just give it a week or 2 and you should be fine.

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
yeah i hated the salamander when i got it. the shape felt awkward. but once i got used to it i loved it.

though admittedly i haven't tried the logitech mx's yet.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: tranceport
You need no other mouse than a G5.. G7 if you absolutely need cordless.

I have a G5 at home and a mx1000 at work. I have tested the G7 extensively though.

Got my G5 half a year ago, hated it at first, but love it now. The DPI is a bit gimmicky, but I have actually found uses for it on occasion (mainly desktop apps though). The shape and weight customization is excellent too.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I own a Razer mouse, a Razer Keyboard & Razer Sound Card. No company I can think of makes products as good. I'd rate all 3 way up among the best in their category.. I want the new Boomslang 3g limited edition looks sweet.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Another recommendation for the G5. I've had mine for quite a while, and I still love it today.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: blckgrffn
Uncomfortable at first, now I love it. So fast, so accurate, I forget I have my hand on anything...

Nat

Well, it has been however long (when did i start this thread?) and i have discovered a major flaw. MMB. I havent used this thing for gaming yet, but when i MMB my finger also hits the LMB because the mouse buttons are so long. Honestly, i dont think this is going to cut it for a back up. Maybe i will pick up a G5...

tuteja1986

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2005
GET RAZER DEATH !!! BEST GOD DAMN RIGHT HAND BIG HAND / SMALL HAND MOUSE WITH THE BEST GRIP EVER :! GET IT :! WOULDN"T BE DISAPOINTED :! GREAT WITH FAST SLOW FPS AND AWESOME FOR RTS AS ITS GOT THE MOST AWESOME GRIP

Okay Mouse master :

Logitech MX518 = BEST GOD DAMN Logitech mouse
Logitech G5 = Good but not the best mouse :!
Razer Death Adder = BEST GOD DAMN GAMING MOUSE
RAZER LACHESIS = CRAP MOUSE FOR SMALL AND BIG HAND :! DON"T GET THIS :!!! MY BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE BUT the mouse is good with QUAKE 3 ; ) Really good precision but when using it you never feel like you got a good grip ;(
RazEr Diamond Back = Crap mouse for big hand gamer
Logitech MX1000 = my fav wireless gaming mouse
Logitech G7 = okay wireless mouse with some scroll flaw