Just gave my two week notice!

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
:beer:

EDIT: Ok, I have been at a job for two years, and have been unhappy with it. It's a shift environment in a Network Operations Center/Systems Monitoring that is VERY dead end. No stimulation here, very brain dead, didn't grow at all! I got official confirmation yesterday for a job in Atlanta, GA, where I will be a Level 1 (Junior) Developer on a large scale web operation.

KS

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
fvckin A man congrats!!

I cant wait to turn in mine..oh yeah!

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Any plans?

You should take a road trip and then post pics on anandtech. Get a paypal account, and ask for donations for the trip. Woudl be interesting.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: DaShen
Any plans?

You should take a road trip and then post pics on anandtech. Get a paypal account, and ask for donations for the trip. Woudl be interesting.

Moving is just three hours South of me, where I have friends. Should be a relatively easy move....I think?

KS

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: MetalMat
Im givin mine friday, but they already pretty much know this here.

Well, it sorta hit them out of nowhere. They know I've been bored with this job for a while, and I want to do different things. But they thought it would be internal to the company, so they would have time to arrange for my transfer.

KS

Shyatic

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2004
I am planning on giving mine in a few weeks, after my next job comes thru.. takes time unfortunately.

Any words of advice? I like the people I work with but I need more money, and a closer commute (I'm up to 1.5 hours each way right now... no thanks!). I want to leave without hard feelings because I'm friends with a lot of people I work with. Did you give a resignation letter? If so, what did you say on it?

Just lookin for some ideas because it will be hard to leave here after making good friends.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Resignation letter is nice.

Hang out with them for a drink after work one of the days invite everyone.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Scribe
I am planning on giving mine in a few weeks, after my next job comes thru.. takes time unfortunately.

Any words of advice? I like the people I work with but I need more money, and a closer commute (I'm up to 1.5 hours each way right now... no thanks!). I want to leave without hard feelings because I'm friends with a lot of people I work with. Did you give a resignation letter? If so, what did you say on it?

Just lookin for some ideas because it will be hard to leave here after making good friends.

Yeah, my manager said he talked to HR, and they need an official letter. Just the standard stuff like when you gave your two week notice, last day, etc. I'm going to write it here in a few.

Oh, I left on the best terms possible. I don't really hang out with these people here, aren't really the crowd to do that with. Which sux cuz I'm pretty social. These people are all married, or just do their own thing.

KS

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Props to you, I probably should turn mine it at this point, I haven't been in for over a week and I don't think I want to go back.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
geez op.. update your 1st post and tell why you did it, and what you're future holds.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: KeyserSoze

Oh, I left on the best terms possible. I don't really hang out with these people here, aren't really the crowd to do that with. Which sux cuz I'm pretty social. These people are all married, or just do their own thing.

KS

Write a thank you email then.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: KeyserSoze

EDIT: Ok, I have been at a job for two years, and have been unhappy with it. It's a shift environment in a Network Operations Center/Systems Monitoring that is VERY dead end. No stimulation here, very brain dead, didn't grow at all! I got official confirmation yesterday for a job in Atlanta, GA, where I will be a Level 1 (Junior) Developer on a large scale web operation.

KS

moving + pay cut?!?!

and what do u do as a junior developer?