just following directions

Kewlb

Jul 9, 2001
A couple of Texas hunters are out in the woods when one falls to the
ground. He doesn't seem to be
breathing, and his eyes have rolled back in his head.

The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls 911. He gasps to the
operator, "My friend is dead! What do I do?"

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says, "Just take it easy. I can
help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is silence, then a shot is heard.

The hunter says, "OK, now what?"

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I believe this was judged to be the funniest joke in the world (as in, it was translated into various languages, and performed the best in assorted countries compared to other jokes).

olie

Jun 11, 2021
The date of the original post is rather creepy for a necro!

the 'how' of how I got here is because I saw this video, which led me and a friend to finding out what the AMD Athlon 1400 CPU actually was, and finding an old post on here. Upon discovery of how old these posts were we set out to find which post was the oldest and discovered many things along they way such as several posts during 9/11 which sparked our interest. We wanted to see what people were saying during key moments in recent history and reflect on what was said (and the fact this post was indeed 'rather creepy' for when it was posted).

We even thought someone might mention this odd necro, lmao

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
the 'how' of how I got here is because I saw this video, which led me and a friend to finding out what the AMD Athlon 1400 CPU actually was, and finding an old post on here. Upon discovery of how old these posts were we set out to find which post was the oldest and discovered many things along they way such as several posts during 9/11 which sparked our interest. We wanted to see what people were saying during key moments in recent history and reflect on what was said (and the fact this post was indeed 'rather creepy' for when it was posted).

This is probably the only legitimate (or at least not idiotic) necro in the history of this board.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

I was here in ATOT on that day, all the news sites were slammed so it was hard to find out what was going on, but info made it's way to ATOT.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I believe this was judged to be the funniest joke in the world (as in, it was translated into various languages, and performed the best in assorted countries compared to other jokes).
You mean it wasn't the Nate versus lever joke? No wai!

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
True story, I learned about the tower being hit from Slashdot of all places.

I recall turning on NY News 880 am (my regular wake-up back then) about 2-3 minutes after the first plane hit and hearing an eye-witness describing the morning sun gleaming off the jets fuselage and a huge "slice" in the tower.

Feels like it was yesterday.... :(