Just Cause 4

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm getting an itch for an open world mass destruction game. I tried getting into RDR2, but the slow pace is not something that excites me right now (maybe when I have more time to focus). Has anyone tried it out on the PC and is it at least as good as 3?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I couldn't get into 3 but loved JC2... not sure why.

Reading into the reviews it just seems like they're trying to cash in on the same core game and "over the top" action and chaos. Most people aren't digging it but I vaguely remember the launch of JC3 following the same soft of trajectory with its audience.

I'd wait for the inevitable "XL" version to release next year for $30 if anything.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
The game is a mess for both consoles and PC. Missing textures, horrible graphics in cutscenes, bad motion blur, etc. Just check the Reddit sub thread for the game. The devs promised a patch but haven't come out with yet. Just cause 3 looks better.

I ended up buying just cause 3 for cheap and am enjoying that until they patch 4. JC 4 was gonna be my first game in that series but looks like it was rushed.

And you're the first person that I heard has said they don't like red dead 2. I've had friends that don't even play video games at all borrow my PS4 version and they can't get enough of it.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
The game is a mess for both consoles and PC. Missing textures, horrible graphics in cutscenes, bad motion blur, etc. Just check the Reddit sub thread for the game. The devs promised a patch but haven't come out with yet. Just cause 3 looks better.

I ended up buying just cause 3 for cheap and am enjoying that until they patch 4. JC 4 was gonna be my first game in that series but looks like it was rushed.

And you're the first person that I heard has said they don't like red dead 2. I've had friends that don't even play video games at all borrow my PS4 version and they can't get enough of it.

If a patch is coming, then I will wait it out. The game will probably be discounted heavily like in the past.

As for RDR2, it's not that I don't like it, it's more ambivalent. I even traded in my XB1 to get the XB1X to have the best hardware to play it on. After a about four hours in, I put it aside and tried to play it again but after a mission or two I just want to wrap it up and do something else.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
If a patch is coming, then I will wait it out. The game will probably be discounted heavily like in the past.

As for RDR2, it's not that I don't like it, it's more ambivalent. I even traded in my XB1 to get the XB1X to have the best hardware to play it on. After a about four hours in, I put it aside and tried to play it again but after a mission or two I just want to wrap it up and do something else.
Yeah red dead is a more relaxing type of game where you sit down when you have lots of time to enjoy it and explore or do stuff at your pace.

I think GameStop already dropped the price of JC 4 by $20.

I want it for PC because I'm playing 3 now and the annoying way you have to do the challenges in just cause 3 to unlock your mods is getting really boring. I'm using my Xbox one controller on PC and it still makes it hard to control the character in those flying and wingsuit challenges which are required if you want to upgrade your gear in the this version of the game.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Found the game on sale and gave it a shot. Something to do between rage quits of BF5.

The game has shockingly low quality graphics at time but doesn't have any problems running at 4k/60fps on highest graphic levels. The game plays mostly like 3, but the additional abilities added to the tether adds some new mechanics for dealing with puzzles or enemies. Don't regret the purchase, but it is very half-assed compared to everything else that's out.