Just came back from Orlando

Kaieye

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I drank water from the tap in Kissimmee(next to Orlando) two weeks ago and I thought it was fine.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: fritolays
Orlando is still better than the piece of shit city you came from
Guess your mother didn't bother fondling your prostate last night, eh?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
People normally drink water straight from the tap? unfiltered?

I've lived in FL for nearly 18 years now (South Florida, North Florida and Southwest Florida) and everyone I know filters their tap water before drinking it. Is this not common in other parts of the country? I don't recall ever filling up a glass of tap water and saying, "Mmmmm, that tastes good."

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I have found while traveling around the country that a lot of cities have 'funny' tasting water but a) the locals don't seem to mind and b) if you live there long enough you get used to it.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Moved from Central FL 3 years ago and I had well water. Picked up a PUR water filter for the kitchen faucet. In 3 days it was almost fully clogged and it took about 3 min to fill a glass.... drip drip drip :laugh:

Well water FTL!
Zephyrills 2.5gal FTW

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Kaieye
I drank water from the tap in Kissimmee(next to Orlando) two weeks ago and I thought it was fine.

Must have been filtered ... water in the Orlando area tastes like sulfer.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
There is this great idea that someone came up with... it's kind of like water in a bottle. Also known as bottled water. You can buy it at the store. I don't know what they do up there in canuckville but it's a great thing, let me tell you what.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I never said I drank it, but I certainly wasn't going to brush my teeth with bottled water.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
There is this great idea that someone came up with... it's kind of like water in a bottle. Also known as bottled water. You can buy it at the store. I don't know what they do up there in canuckville but it's a great thing, let me tell you what.
There is this great idea that someone came up with... it's kind of like being able to drink the water from the tap.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Howard
I never said I drank it, but I certainly wasn't going to brush my teeth with bottled water.

Brushing your teeth and drinking it are two different things. I use the FL water to brush my teeth all the time, but I sure as heck won't drink it.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: CraKaJaX
There is this great idea that someone came up with... it's kind of like being able to drink the water from the tap.

Us Floridians know not to do that :)

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Your tap water tastes like shit. That is all.

So keep your cheap, whiny, always complaining ass out of FL, canooks can't golf, don't tip, and drive like idiots, that is all...

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Glad ours only taste like chlorine. I envy the towns with new plants that use a citrus-flavour injection.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: BUTCH1
Your tap water tastes like shit. That is all.

So keep your cheap, whiny, always complaining ass out of FL, canooks can't golf, don't tip, and drive like idiots, that is all...
A Floridian telling Canadians that they can't drive? You are damned priceless, son.

EDIT: I personally tip over 15% at all times, not too sure about the rest of my countrymen. I don't golf, though I'm not quite sure how that saves your self-esteem.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Alright, since your not a "snowbird" I should cut you some slack. Some Canadians that frequent our area clog the golf courses with slow play and are notorious for not tipping. Thanks for being a responsible tourist and leaving a gratuity. Stop by Daytona and I'll throw something on the grill for 'ya..

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by: aphex
People normally drink water straight from the tap? unfiltered?

I've lived in FL for nearly 18 years now (South Florida, North Florida and Southwest Florida) and everyone I know filters their tap water before drinking it. Is this not common in other parts of the country? I don't recall ever filling up a glass of tap water and saying, "Mmmmm, that tastes good."

I often drink water straight from the tap. Why not? Sometimes I drink from the faucet in my bathroom if I don't feel like going into the kitchen. I don't mind because my tap water tastes pretty good.