Just bought the Radeon 7000 AGP to replace my ATI RAGE/Fury 128

JJd

Apr 20, 2000
do i install the new card and driver and then uninstall the the old Rage/Fury driver? Or do I get rid of all old driver info before I install the new card? I wonder if I'll see a large improvement. :confused: Thanks!

kimber

Jan 20, 2001
when switching vid cards i have always uninstalled the old drivers first.you'll want to first go into vga mode,uninstall old drivers,restart making sure their gone,shut down ,replace card,fire her up and install new drivers.
since your old card was a 128 the 256 series drivers are different.depending on what system you have you should see a desent improvement.exspecialy if you want to run at a little higher res. or at 32 bit color.my old fury would fall on its face in 32bit color.:(
on a side note ,did you just buy it?if so why not go with the 8500le.price drops mean you can get great deals on them.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
Yes, I second that you have to uninstall the old driver first, select Standard PCI Adapter and then reboot and only after that install your new vidcard and the drivers for it.

JJd

Apr 20, 2000
Man am I ever glad I asked first. Thanks for your help! :)

Originally posted by: kimber

on a side note ,did you just buy it?if so why not go with the 8500le.price drops mean you can get great deals on them.
I went this card because I don't do any gaming. I've never needed VO either. I just read a lot on the net. My Rage/Fury was ok but fine print was tough. Also, the price on this card. $29! I think LE would have been at least 3X that, right? Please tell me I'm right, I drove 40 miles to get it!