Just been scammed over at Egay. What can I do?

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
I've searched the threads, but what can I do to this sucka who hasn't sent me anything. He had a low rating, and I should've known not to buy anything form them. However...everybody needs to start somewhere.

I paid through paypal, how can I get my money back?

Paul

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
First of all, leave poor feed back to warn the other customers.

Other than that, I'll have to check with my wife. She works for e_bay.

How long has it been?

Have you talked to him via e-mail?

amish

Redwingsguy

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2000
I think you goto safe harbor, I got ripped off once and they would hardly ever reply to my emails or anything! When they did reply it was some bogus story, (moved 3 times, customs was holding it(it was a logitech interceptor) I didnt bother to report it cuz I thought it would be too much of a hassle)$37 down the draino :(

Now they are about to cancel my account cuz I forgot to pay the selling fee before I left for vacation! :( :(

Livin4Real

Mar 25, 2000
The good news is Egay is insured. You need to contact their webmaster
or head honcho and report your dilemma to them.Do you have an e-mail address?

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
eGay won't do a thing for you. You are on your own. I had an almost identical situation and they were of no help at all. Paypal might be able to help. Maybe they can reverse the transfer of funds.

cisco

Golden Member
Apr 19, 2000
How much was it? are you sure the seller isn't just slow? Or mailed it wrong. fleeabay gives them about three chances and then suspends them.
I think all you can do is leave bad feedback, and email him about mail fraud, (can file a report with postal inspectors), if hes a scammer report it so at least they check it out and if alot of people report him he will get busted. seeebbaayy may give you back $50 I think, but thats all...