Just beat Warhead... =_= what a let down..

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Did they run out of money or time or what?

it felt like everything was rushed. the voice acting, music , visual ....

sighh... such potential wasted.

but its the prettiest game for sure.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
I guess you got what you payed for. The game was cheap, so it was quite normal to be short. I don't see it as potential wasted. It has great graphics, great sound and it's at a faster pace then Crysis was. A great short first person shooter, with quite a good gameplay and also cheap. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Warhead's strength resides in its multi-player, I thought that Crysis' single-player was much better.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Zenoth
Warhead's strength resides in its multi-player, I thought that Crysis' single-player was much better.

Yep.. The beauty about the design fashion and approach of the company is that they keep refining and focused on a single engine, and they have opened it up dramatically to the community. With all kinds of modders tweaking code, complaining about this, raving about that, and many of the top Crytek developers on the forums making as many posts as the modders, this whole "crysis/sandbox" venture will only get better with time.

I mean.. there was a lot missing from Crysis that I think would have made the game even more interesting. I love the corner leaning/view of the rainbox six games.. It wasn't in crysis, but another modder developed the functions and has posted it... Now Crytek can actually use that in the next game. It will just keep piling up..

I thought the game Crysis and Crysis Warhead were ok, but I really stand behind what the company is doing. I've seen some of the Crysis vs Reality screen shots and I just love what that whole things means for gaming. I think its the closet thing to virtual reality yet.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Warhead is much more Linear then the original Crysis. They don't have the wide open jungle areas that Crysis and Far Cry had and it's more a straightforward FPS.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Sureshot324
Warhead is much more Linear then the original Crysis. They don't have the wide open jungle areas that Crysis and Far Cry had and it's more a straightforward FPS.

Yup. I really enjoyed the action and how it looked though.

I miss FarCry open-ness

lifeobry

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2008
Warhead was so good. The story sucked of course, but the gameplay was enthralling. Everything is so visceral and realistic partly due to graphics but also the mechanics of shooting and looking, picking up ammo (I played it on the highest difficulty) and everything else. The explosions, shooting, and action are so fun.

I didn't expect too much out of Crysis and Warhead as they are the first generation of ultra-realistic FPS, I just take it as the first technological step towards truly immersive games. Hopefully story and plot will follow technological innovation to create truly epic experiences.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Originally posted by: lifeobry
Warhead was so good. The story sucked of course, but the gameplay was enthralling. Everything is so visceral and realistic partly due to graphics but also the mechanics of shooting and looking, picking up ammo (I played it on the highest difficulty) and everything else. The explosions, shooting, and action are so fun.

I didn't expect too much out of Crysis and Warhead as they are the first generation of ultra-realistic FPS, I just take it as the first technological step towards truly immersive games. Hopefully story and plot will follow technological innovation to create truly epic experiences.

I wonder if they could remake Far Cry with the Crysis engine

CrystalBay

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2002
Now go and see if you can find the 7 frogs, one on each level... The multiplayer is where it is at (OMFG a real PC MP with a good UI , browser etc ) prolly the last of the mohicans ...

I heard the the next Stalker is gonna use this engine...