Just another weekend in Chicago

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
To save (more) Republicans the trouble posting on this, they suggest we need...

more criticism of the people who do crimes. That'll solve the problem.

Forget any of the actually effective measures, most of which cost money and take some effort. Dammit, we need more criticism of the people who commit crimes.

Education, police, discrimination, employment programs, anti-crime initiatives, anti-poverty programs, anti-gang programs, screw those things. Put everyone in jail. Criticize.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Forget any of the actually effective measures, most of which cost money and take some effort. Dammit, we need more criticism of the people who commit crimes.

Education, police, discrimination, employment programs, anti-crime initiatives, anti-poverty programs, anti-gang programs, screw those things. Put everyone in jail. Criticize.

So go ahead and do it then. Democrats hold the mayor's office and all but one alderman seat last time I checked, so Republicans can't do anything to stop you from implementing your wonderful plans to fix everything. After all, you've had a few decades of complete Democratic dominance in Chicago, so there's no "previous administration" mess to clean up so you should be able to knock this out in a few months, maybe a year or two tops. Let's use Chicago as an example of superior Democratic governance in order to convince the entire country we should part you in charge of every level of government.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

So your solution is to give gangbangers taxpayer money in the hope they will stop shooting people?

I'm sure it hurts their feelings when those evil Republicans criticize them after they do a drive by :|

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Just another weekend in Chicago

Damn shame this is going on - great city too

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Violent-Chicago-Weekend-155317885.html

I think it's time the folks in charge of Chicago took their heads out of their asses and started getting tough with the pieces of shit that are doing this every weekend.

Roll out the SWAT teams and start rounding the shit up.

What are you talking about?

The Mayor and his Police Chief insist their plans are working and this is a success.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Ehh. I live in a cesspool, and the rapidly approaching day that I leave it can't come fast enough :thumbup:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

A Democratic run city supported by union gangs and you want to blame the Republicans for the Democratic mess.

This has been going on for years and the Democratic leadership is unwilling to solve the problem.

Sounds like the standard refrain for anytime/anywhere the Democrats have/exert control and fail.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
So this thread is to blame black people and unions for the numbers, and the other thread is for blaming gun control?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Did you happen to notice that none of your solutions require action by the people they are supposed to help? I assume that this is an especially ignorant group, incapable of doing anything for themselves?
I didn't read the story, just skimming through responses and it occurred to me that the topic could well be feral dogs.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Did you happen to notice that none of your solutions require action by the people they are supposed to help? I assume that this is an especially ignorant group, incapable of doing anything for themselves?
I didn't read the story, just skimming through responses and it occurred to me that the topic could well be feral dogs.

Actually, five of the six do, but I see you just want to spout ideology.

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
So go ahead and do it then. Democrats hold the mayor's office and all but one alderman seat last time I checked, so Republicans can't do anything to stop you from implementing your wonderful plans to fix everything. After all, you've had a few decades of complete Democratic dominance in Chicago, so there's no "previous administration" mess to clean up so you should be able to knock this out in a few months, maybe a year or two tops. Let's use Chicago as an example of superior Democratic governance in order to convince the entire country we should part you in charge of every level of government.

Note how Craig has chosen not to respond to this one because it is a corner he can't fight his way out of...

Cue Craig to come back in and say cry at us as being "idealogues" which is his only debate material when he has nothing of substance to counter with.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Speaking of spouting ideology...

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Don't forget about how Chicago's sale of street parking rights was the fault of Republicans.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=33391466&postcount=17

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
This is why I try not to go into the city. If I do, I stick to the Gold Coast, Lincoln Park, and the North side around Wrigleyville. I made a pit stop on the way to Indiana coming from the burbs where I live with a buddy of mine and he was almost assaulted by individuals of a certain color I will not name ... I don't want to be labelled a racist or anything. It obviously has more to do with the poverty in the area than the ethnicity of the people involved.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

We must use different accounting methods. Money, motivation, direction, planing, implementation and execution by others doesn't represent self help to me.

I guess self reliance is an ideology, but that really wasn't my point. I just thought it odd that your response never called for direct action from those who would "benefit" from the programs you mentioned.
Perhaps a more pointed inquiry would be, do you believe the people mentioned are incapable of improving their situation?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Note how Craig has chosen not to respond to this one because it is a corner he can't fight his way out of...

Cue Craig to come back in and say cry at us as being "idealogues" which is his only debate material when he has nothing of substance to counter with.

Your post is idiocy.

The only things I have posted about the government of Chicago I can remember have been highly critical attacks. It's your error to think the important thing is they're Democrats.

I'd love to see Chicago be a 'Democratic model city'. It's not anything close.

How about we pick one of the worst Republican cities and call it 'the Republican city'?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
They could use 50 years of Democrat rule in Detroit as the model. They're just about to turn things around here. <gag>

They're kind of like mad scientists performing social experiments that they "feel" may succeed. They don't, but in the process they destroy generations. Of course they assume no blame because they judge themselves on intentions not results. When cornered, they blame others. Republicans are usually the target but blaming failures on raaaacists is currently popular. When they've totally fucked everything up and/or the heat becomes too great, they move on to their next target and start over never having learned from the last mess they created.

Everything they really needed to know they learned in kindergarten.

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Your post is idiocy.

The only things I have posted about the government of Chicago I can remember have been highly critical attacks. It's your error to think the important thing is they're Democrats.

I'd love to see Chicago be a 'Democratic model city'. It's not anything close.

How about we pick one of the worst Republican cities and call it 'the Republican city'?

So your claim is basically that we somehow cherry-picked Chicago as an example of a "bad" Democratic run city? Okay, here's the list of the top 25 most Democratic cities; with the possible exception of a handful they're all crime and poverty-ridden shitholes as bad or worse than Chicago (I'd put #3, 8, 9, 16, and 23 in the better category). Seems to me there's a pattern here.

http://www.buyyourhomeguide.com/most_liberal_conservative.html

Top 25 Most Liberal Cities:

1 Detroit Michigan
2 Gary Indiana
3 Berkeley California
4 Washington, D.C. Dist. of Columbia
5 Oakland California
6 Inglewood California
7 Newark New Jersey
8 Cambridge Massachusetts
9 San Francisco California
10 Flint Michigan
11 Cleveland Ohio
12 Hartford Connecticut
13 Paterson New Jersey
14 Baltimore Maryland
15 New Haven Connecticut
16 Seattle Washington
17 Chicago Illinois
18 Philadelphia Pennsylvania
19 Birmingham Alabama
20 St. Louis Missouri
21 New York New York
22 Providence Rhode Island
23 Minneapolis Minnesota
24 Boston Massachusetts
25 Buffalo New York

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
They could use 50 years of Democrat rule in Detroit as the model. They're just about to turn things around here. <gag>

They're kind of like mad scientists performing social experiments that they "feel" may succeed. They don't, but in the process they destroy generations. Of course they assume no blame because they judge themselves on intentions not results. When cornered, they blame others. Republicans are usually the target but blaming failures on raaaacists is currently popular. When they've totally fucked everything up and/or the heat becomes too great, they move on to their next target and start over never having learned from the last mess they created.

Everything they really needed to know they learned in kindergarten.

Your mother should have told you doing that will make you go blind.