Jumping on XFL bandwagon

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
I'm planning on doing a website for XFL related stuff, seeing as how this could get really big and gain lots of viewership everywhere.

I figure there's no better place than to start asking people here.

Any ideas on what could be on here? I figure there could be news, reports, and more importantly, CHEERLEADER pictures.

If the XFL can attract audiences who watch wrestling and/or the NFL, then it surely can be big.

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
It's probably a good idea. But, you gotta be careful or Vince McMahon might try to shut you down.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If it does get big, and you aren't licensed, you WILL be taken down. Quite simple.

Of course, it depends on how you do it because there are legal ways to do so without violating copyrights and trademarks. However, it probably wouldn't be too interesting. ;)

I'm actually interested to see this new league.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Im getting season tickets to the Demons they play a the new ball park in SF

Oct 19, 2000
I plan on watching it. The idea of pay for play is great, and we should see a fresh set of guys out there busting their ass to get that extra dollar. Plus the ball is pretty cool. ;)

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Rudee, how do you figure? McMahon knows what people want to see, hes not putting millions of dollars into something that isnt going to last. There are so many important factors that are going to make the game interesting. The BIGGEST thing is that players only get payed when they actually PLAY. This means that players are going to want to get out there and do their best, and not just sit on the bench and widdle away the millions they are making... Think about it...

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I think the XFL is a good idea. Hopefully the whole thing is executed very well so it will be around for years to come...

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
I can see where people might be hesitant or question the validity of the new league, but not a single one of us has watched a game yet. It may be just as high caliber or even higher than any NFL game you could watch. Don't down it 'til you try it!

Stifko

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
if it is not that popular, I wonder how it will effect the wwf stock price
I think a lot of investors wanna see how the xfl pans out before jumping on the wwf bandwangon
all you folks who think the xfl is gonna be a big success should get a few shares of wwf maybe, before kickoff

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
The WWF stock has been primarily down BECAUSE of the XFL. It shot up to the mid 20's at one point I believe, and has dropped to the mid teens. Analysts blame it mostly on the XFL, although wrestling is no longer as hot as it used to be either.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
So, if you only get payed when you play...then I don't imagine being a back up player, which every team needs, is going to be very worth-while.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000

<< Wouldn't getting paid to win cause cheating and quite a few cheap shots? >>

Yeah, but half the stuff that are considered penalties in the NFL are legal in the XFL :)

BTW, the WWF seems very very leinent when it comes to fan pages. Look at all of the WWF pages with tons of news and pictures and stuff, would they still be up if the WWF cared? As long as its positive and promoting the XFL they probably won't care.

Or I could be completley wrong. I dunno :)

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Yeah you're right, there's even a site that records footage that are 3-4 minutes long available to d/l.

Jun 18, 2000

<< Yeah, but half the stuff that are considered penalties in the NFL are legal in the XFL:) >>

Very true. I fear for the players' safety:Q.