July Humble bundle

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, crap. I gave in and bought some of these, most notably Age of Wonders: Plantfall Premium, I got for $36 on sale (in March, haven't played yet; now it's at $45 at 50% off in Steam's sale). Now the almost-as-good deluxe edition is in this month's Humble monthly. Crap.

Besides that blockbuster value title, the month has these titles I also already bought:

- Railway Empire
- Battlestar Galactica Season 1 (About $38 of content at sale prices; I have 3 of the 5 items, so could get this jut for the two I don't have)
- Earthlock

Also:

- Void Bastards (oh boy, just saw it has Kevan Brighting narraration, must buy)
- Yuppie Psycho
- Beat Hazazrd 2
- Sigma Theory: Global Cold War
- Metal Unit
- Don't Escape: 4 days to survive
- Verlet Swing
- Basingstoke

They also seem to have started last month giving a bonus game that is revealed at the end of the month for people who subscribe the next month also, last month; that was just announced for June's bundle as Boundless, which is list $39.99, 50% off in the Steam sale, heck of a nice bonus.

Looks like great value again for people who don't have these games, and possibly just enough value for me despite the duplicates. I wish there were easier ways to trade/sell keys like Battlestar Galactica than the for sale forum, Reddit, the Steam trade forums and that Steam key trading forum, which sounds like I'm being sarcastic with all those options, but they're just more headache than I'd like so haven't really used them yet.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I know that the reactions to the Humble Choice monthlies are usually a bit mixed... or at least that's what I see on Reddit. Ultimately, I don't mind too much because it's 10 games for $12.

As for the current month, I'm not too sure how much I'll care about Age of Wonders as I haven't played a game like that in ages, but it at least looks interesting and is certainly a good value. I have heard good things about Void Bastard, so I'll probably try that one out.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Monthly has gotten less a good deal for new customers, but this month they have a 40% off promotion, so now's the time to sign up. The top tier seems like the best value, but now that's $20, less 40%.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Just FYI in case you got it when it was available, Void Bastards was in the Australia Fire Relief Bundle.

Thanks for the heads up. As kind of cruel as it sounds, I passed on that bundle due to Void Bastards pretty much being the only game that I would've wanted. (I've been trying to avoid buying bundles where I just end up laden with extra copies of games that I own.)