Judge Moore - Off the Bench . . .

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Judge Moore - Off the Bench . . .

Good. The higher courts told him to do something and he refused.

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore was removed from office Thursday for refusing to obey a federal court order to move his Ten Commandments monument from the rotunda of the state courthouse.

Good. Maybe there is some hope for this country after all.

jahawkin

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2000
Originally posted by: VioletAura
MONTGOMERY, Ala. - Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore was removed from office Thursday for refusing to obey a federal court order to move his Ten Commandments monument from the rotunda of the state courthouse.

Good. Maybe there is some hope for this country after all.

Just wait until he is elected governor.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I have respect for someone who puts his beliefs first, but if he can't put the law first he shouldn't be judge of the law.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
I have no problem with Judge Moore trying his case for the monument in court, or even appealing it. Regardless of your views on the monument, I dont think it should be an issue. He defied the ruling of a federal court, thereby breaking the principles he swore to uphold when he became a judge. By not following what the courts had said on the issue by not temporarily removing the monument (although he could still appeal it if he followed the federal courts ruling while he was doing so, which would be legal), he sealed his own fate and that of his monument.