JRiver Media Software experience?

Battledad

Dec 30, 2012
As I prep for moving from Satellite to OTA + Internet I'm finishing up my htpc. I've played with WMC, XBMC, MediaPortal, Plex and several others.

I ran across the JRiver Media software and after noting it is basically $50 after the 30 day trial I began researching the differences between JRiver and other products.

So far I find JRiver is be easier to use, more intuitive and broader in scope. It appears I can easily open a browser, watch TV, watch my movies, stream, play music and use the htpc as a recorder for OTA programming

Anyone have experiences with JRiver specifically or other similiar software? Looking for something simple and dependable with good quality. I'm even considering buying their remote for $41.

coolkish

Dec 30, 2009
Jriver made a bigger difference for playing music. I use HDHomeRun Prime with Jriver

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
ive been using jriver for like a decade. totally awesome music orginizer/player. theyve been working hard on htpc capabilities... maybe its time for me to check back in with that.. i didnt buy last years update, because i just use it for music and i dont even use theater mode.