Journey to REFORMAT!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: redly1
I thought this thread was about the rock band Journey, reformatting to country or something
Yea... thank you... even Randy Jackson was getting exciting at the idea of playing on another album.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy
If you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to click it. I was just having a little fun novelizing something that everyone else has been through.
Well, get cracking on my idea then!

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: loup garou
If you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to click it. I was just having a little fun novelizing something that everyone else has been through.
Well, get cracking on my idea then!

Maybe I will. Stay tuned for the next Journey...

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
since we're on the topic of reformatting, how do you guys go about installing windows on a fresh new HD?
boot from windows cd, use that to create partitions in HD, format C:, install windows?

or is there a better way?

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I know I didn't have to reformat, but I just wanted a clean install. I didn't want to install Vista because my computer can't handle the Vista that I want and Vista just plan sucks. Too much eye candy.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Aharami
Originally posted by: Darwin333
No I am just using the XP Installation disc that came with my computer.

People still use those on purpose?

huh? what else are you supposed to use? :confused:

I'm wondering this as well. I guess I'm not 1337 enough to know what all the cool kids are using these days.

Although, at the moment I am in the middle of installing Linux on my new HTPC build. Does that make me at least a little 1337?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
watching the Redskins win an opener for the billionth time, knowing all the well that this will be one of many false positives that this treacherous team will provide its die-hard fans this year on their road to failure was more interesting than this thread.

they fvkign taunt us with victory..bastards:|

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: mooglemania85
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
Originally posted by: StevenYoo
I was hoping this thread was about the immortal Steve Perry :(

Believe me, he's very mortal.

Heresy. Basically you're telling us "Stop Believing".

link just because i like linking

Beat me to it, you bastard.

DON'T STOP, BELIEVIN!!!

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I know everyone's been using this thread to mess around. But I really need your help now. The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard is not reading the file that I already saved. Story below...

I transfered all of the settings and files that I needed into the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard on my old computer which I cannot access anymore. Now that I'm on my new computer, I can run the wizard, but when I get to the "Where are the files and settings?" and I point it to the folder that the files are in. It says, "The location that you specified does not contain stored information. Please type a valid folder path in the edit box. If you entered a path to a folder on a removable disk, the disk must be in the drive." HELP please. I really need help because all of my configuration files were in the wizard.

PLEASE HELP!!!

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
With an older system, I would recommend nlite'ing instillation discs, as you have an older system.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
I want to help, but jeez, you seriously were not using a Slipstream disc? I want to help you, but I have never used a wizard for anything, and probably never will...

What was the supposed extension for your backup settings?

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
It's a .dat file type. When you use the wizard it creates a folder and in that folder are two different files. One is a .dat file, which I believe contains all of the files and stuff like that. And the other is a status file

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
:music:
It's been a mystery and still they try to see
Why somethin' good can hurt so bad...
:music: