Journey to REFORMAT!

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
If you've clicked into this thread you are now about to embark on my journey to reformat my hard drive after a year to prepare for the college encounter. I have already taken off all the files and folders and any other settings that I may need to another hard drive so that is taken care off. This is my second time reformatting and hopefully it will be better than last time (I lost all of my documents from the year before and beyond. I hope that I am prepared for any problems and hope to resolve any problems that I may encounter. So now let's join in on the journey and wait while the computer is now reinstalling XP.

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I am currently 56% through installing XP. I am installing Warcraft III on my Mac so I can play while my real computer is down. And I am using this laptop to connect to the outside world while all this is going on.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Do you have an RSS feed I can subscribe to so I don't miss these compelling updates?

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
No I am just using the XP Installation disc that came with my computer. Then tweaking it based on what I need.

Nov 5, 2001
and here I thought maybe my long forgotten dreams of Journey going country were realized!

you bastard!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Windows XP? Bah. If you're going to have an installation "journey", you should at least install Linux or something cool like a hacked build of Mac OS 10.4.

Installing Windows XP is about as exciting as flushing a toilet.

mayonnaise

Apr 2, 2006
My format of XP Pro takes about 3 hours from start to finish (that's clean install with all settings and backup/restore of files). Vista... well I installed Ultimate x64 about three weeks ago.. and I'm still setting stuff up :p

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
I'm only running a P4 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, 9600 AIW XT 256MB.

Update:
I am now running through the Microsoft Windows XP setup menu.

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: ultimatebob
Windows XP? Bah. If you're going to have an installation "journey", you should at least install Linux or something cool like a hacked build of Mac OS 10.4.

Installing Windows XP is about as exciting as flushing a toilet.

Some people are excited by flushing toilets. Well maybe the next Journey will be a Journey to Dual Boot XP and Vista or Tri Boot XP and Vista and Mac OS X 10.5.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy
Where would be a better place? It is kind of off topic, right?

RSS feed you say? Blasphemy.

Operating systems perhaps? Or maybe Computer help?

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Why did you format your hard drive twice? You really only need to do it once.

And did you really think a tech forum would be excited about something most of us have done way too many times? (Setting up older Gentoo distros, without the graphical installer, would be much more thread worthy. I bet you are not even using a slipstream disc, n00b :p)

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Update: All done installing XP, now begins the process of installing all of the programs and settings from before. I knew you guys wouldn't be excited about this, considering I've asked for help regarding a reformat on here before. I reformat every year, this is the second time I've reformatted. Just wanted to have a little fun.

ChAoTiCpInOy

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
If you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to click it. I was just having a little fun novelizing something that everyone else has been through.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by: ChAoTiCpInOy
If you didn't want to read it, you didn't have to click it. I was just having a little fun novelizing something that everyone else has been through.

Well, we gotta have somewhere to dump our snarky comments, so I guess this light hearted thread is the perfect place.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I thought this thread was about the rock band Journey, reformatting to country or something