Jordanian Protesters call for end of any Jordanian treaties signed with Israel.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Basically following the Egyptian threat to revoke any peace treaties Egypt signed with Israel because of an Israeli failure to follow the terms of same accords, Jordan now may be preparing to do the same thing.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...-for-end-of-peace-treaty-with-israel-1.428302

The street protests in Jordan were triggered by the newly appointed top parliamentary poo-bah who spoke in favor of the accords and got a rather explosive Jordanian street reaction.

But my understanding of Jordan politics call on me to make two points. ( 1) Absolute power rests on he Jordanian king Abdullah. (1) And King Abdullah has shown increasing disgust with Israel for quite a long time. (2) In Jordan, its illegal to criticize the King, But its perfectly legal to criticize the Parliament and its actions the Jordanian king usually rubber stamps. So basically the Jordanian Parliament can serve as a whipping boy for King Abdullah, something Abdullah effectively used to get ahead of events during the Arab Spring as he reshuffled Parliamentary officials to accommodate demand for reforms.

So in the midst of Israel elections, will King Abdullah move in the direction of seeing the Jordanian Israeli treaty are dissolved on the same grounds of Israeli failure to follow the treaty terms?

And also point out, the Jordanian Israeli treaty is far more important to Israel because Israel depends on the Jordan river for a large part of its water supply. And it would hit illegal Israeli settlement in the disputed territories far harder than ordinary Palestinians in the West Bank who get almost zero.

Maybe meaning, If Israel wants to see the agreement maintained, they are going to have to get real on a Palestinian State. And if Netanyuhu wants to ally with Lieberman in upcoming Israel elections, its going to become much harder for the average Israeli voter to vote for their MP's. As I also very much doubt Israel will be allowed to take military action by the international community.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
We have protestors in the US calling for the end of capitalism. Nothing exciting to see here.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
We have protestors in the US calling for the end of capitalism. Nothing exciting to see here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a cybrsage foolish response, we are not talking about a USA fringe issue that will never happen, we are talking about a Jordanian issue that likely may happen. What will be your next trick be cybrsage, may I suggest that you say Mubarak should be reinstated as dictator of Egypt?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Good thing the Israelis have nukes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even GOD won't hep Israel if they use their nukes against their neighbors without a powerful and compelling reason. Water treaties Israel has violated is not one of those reasons.
And with a Palestinian State, Israel and Jordan will no longer share a common border.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even GOD won't hep Israel if they use their nukes against their neighbors without a powerful and compelling reason. Water treaties Israel has violated is not one of those reasons.
And with a Palestinian State, Israel and Jordan will no longer share a common border.

I'm not sure you know where Israel and Jordan are....or perhaps your palestinian state includes all of israel?

palestine_map.gif

In any case, what will probably happened is what has been happening with middle eastern leaders for some time: insult israel to save face with the mobs while secretly telling israel "....just kidding, we hate iran too....."

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I'm not sure you know where Israel and Jordan are....or perhaps your palestinian state includes all of israel?

palestine_map.gif

In any case, what will probably happened is what has been happening with middle eastern leaders for some time: insult israel to save face with the mobs while secretly telling israel "....just kidding, we hate iran too....."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a charming argument, Arab hate of Shia Iran will excuse all Israeli abuses.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010

Well, thats the thing. The Israelis would never actually use them unless there was indeed a very "powerful and compelling reason" Israel is a rational state actor, she has had nukes for 40+ years and hasnt used one. That pretty much sums it up right there.

Jun 26, 2007
Basically following the Egyptian threat to revoke any peace treaties Egypt signed with Israel because of an Israeli failure to follow the terms of same accords, Jordan now may be preparing to do the same thing.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...-for-end-of-peace-treaty-with-israel-1.428302

The street protests in Jordan were triggered by the newly appointed top parliamentary poo-bah who spoke in favor of the accords and got a rather explosive Jordanian street reaction.

But my understanding of Jordan politics call on me to make two points. ( 1) Absolute power rests on he Jordanian king Abdullah. (1) And King Abdullah has shown increasing disgust with Israel for quite a long time. (2) In Jordan, its illegal to criticize the King, But its perfectly legal to criticize the Parliament and its actions the Jordanian king usually rubber stamps. So basically the Jordanian Parliament can serve as a whipping boy for King Abdullah, something Abdullah effectively used to get ahead of events during the Arab Spring as he reshuffled Parliamentary officials to accommodate demand for reforms.

So in the midst of Israel elections, will King Abdullah move in the direction of seeing the Jordanian Israeli treaty are dissolved on the same grounds of Israeli failure to follow the treaty terms?

And also point out, the Jordanian Israeli treaty is far more important to Israel because Israel depends on the Jordan river for a large part of its water supply. And it would hit illegal Israeli settlement in the disputed territories far harder than ordinary Palestinians in the West Bank who get almost zero.

Maybe meaning, If Israel wants to see the agreement maintained, they are going to have to get real on a Palestinian State. And if Netanyuhu wants to ally with Lieberman in upcoming Israel elections, its going to become much harder for the average Israeli voter to vote for their MP's. As I also very much doubt Israel will be allowed to take military action by the international community.

You do realise that this has to do with the foremost opressor wanting no more Paleistinians?

LOL, you are so fucking lost on this issue that you are arguing against yourself now.

Or wait, the opression of Palestinians by Jordan, Syria and Egypt isn't important, it's not the Palestinians you care about.

You just hate Jews, that is all you do and that is why you ONLY argue against Jews and NEVER against any other state and now you are trying ot make the shunning of Palestinians from Jordan into a crime that JEWS have committed in some way.

Sorry son, there is SOME fucking limit to this and you have passed it, this is as far as this trip goes.

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Well, thats the thing. The Israelis would never actually use them unless there was indeed a very "powerful and compelling reason" Israel is a rational state actor, she has had nukes for 40+ years and hasnt used one. That pretty much sums it up right there.

He gets all excited when someone in the ME stirs things up against Israel. Getting rid of peace treaties pleases him to no end but those nukes frustrate. As hes pointed out Israel is a small nation and the only reason it's still there is those pesky things. I believe that they are probably #4 in terms of number of deliverable warheads. Fortunately for Hamas Israel has no desire to use them as an aggressor, however his hatred of Israel blinded him to the painfully obvious meaning of my post which was if a nation wishes to abandon peace and choose war then they will pay the price.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Jordan does not want the Palestinians or anything to due with them.

What benefit is it to Jordan to invalidate the treaties?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Jordan does not want the Palestinians or anything to due with them.

What benefit is it to Jordan to invalidate the treaties?
The first think EK fails to mention, is that Jordan has a large Palestinian population plus a large admixtures of other minorities.

But basically at this point in times, the six million population Jordan is politically stable, has a minimum of ethnic tensions, and assimilating large numbers of Palestinian would both overpopulate Jordan and totally destabilize Jordanian harmony.

That does not mean Jordanians hate Palestinians, they have helped their plight, but like all other surrounding Arab countries, the Jordanian people maintain, it was Israel that robbed its indigenous Palestinians and its Israel obligation to make them whole.

Meanwhile as Jordan looks West, year after year the plight of the Palestinians get worse.
Meanwhile the Palestinians trapped between Israel and Jordan is a constant 44 year old irritant. With uncertainty and fear being good for no nation.

Meanwhile the events of the Arab spring have shown, its no longer acceptable for Arab leaders to just talk the talk, they are now expected to work for the good of their country.
And listen to the grumblings of its people.

As I pointed out in my original post on this thread, right now only a thousand or so Jordanians have take to the streets pressuring the Egyptian threat to dissolve the treaty, but if the Jordanian protests persists and grows, its going to be hard for the Jordanian Government not to follow.

Ancient history and very modern history is littered with deposed rulers who failed to listen to the will of the people. Just another little bread riot in 1789 ended the 800 year rules of the French monarchy, look at all those deposed Arab leaders today, all those protests started small, but were explosively driven by long standing problems too long ignored.

With Israel boycotting and embargoing the economies of the West Bank and Gaza, neither Egypt or Jordan wants to live next to a hopeless Israeli concentration camp. But if unemployment reduces, the Palestinians can rebuild their economies, and then productive trade can benefit all parties.

So as you ask why should Jordan do something, I ask why not? King Abdullah and the people of Jordan have no love lost on Israel.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Jordan is not going to assimilate the Palestinians after Black Saturday.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
How do you know that it was not God who allowed Israel to have the nukes???

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What a charming argument, Arab hate of Shia Iran will excuse all Israeli abuses.
Again you fail to recognize that the Arabs despise Iran more than they will ever despise Israel. In fact it could be said that the Arabs support Israel under the table more than anybody knows...when it comes to Iran.

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You do realise that this has to do with the foremost opressor wanting no more Paleistinians?

LOL, you are so fucking lost on this issue that you are arguing against yourself now.

Or wait, the opression of Palestinians by Jordan, Syria and Egypt isn't important, it's not the Palestinians you care about.

You just hate Jews, that is all you do and that is why you ONLY argue against Jews and NEVER against any other state and now you are trying ot make the shunning of Palestinians from Jordan into a crime that JEWS have committed in some way.

Sorry son, there is SOME fucking limit to this and you have passed it, this is as far as this trip goes.

Another thing Lemon does not understand is that the Arabs wanted no part of the Palestinians to begin with.....obviously they still don`t!! Oh those poor Palestinians!! Boohooo.....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I believe that they are probably #4 in terms of number of deliverable warheads. Fortunately for Hamas Israel has no desire to use them as an aggressor, however his hatred of Israel blinded him to the painfully obvious meaning of my post which was if a nation wishes to abandon peace and choose war then they will pay the price.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Jordan is not going to assimilate the Palestinians after Black Saturday.

Exactlamundo!! Go ahead and let Lemon continue to hallucinate and make predictions. Doesn`t Lemon law understand that nobody wants the Palestinians? Hell., the United Nations doesn`t even want the Palestinians!!

Last edited:

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
It seems Jordan doesn't want to deal with its refugees which they never took in after they lost their wars with Israel.