Jonah Goldberg of the National Rview is a spectacular moron

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
"I do think my judgment is superior to [Cole's] when it comes to the big picture. So, I have an idea: Since he doesn't want to debate anything except his own brilliance, let's make a bet. I predict that Iraq won't have a civil war, that it will have a viable constitution, and that a majority of Iraqis and Americans will, in two years time, agree that the war was worth it. I'll bet $1,000 (which I can hardly spare right now). This way neither of us can hide behind clever word play or CV reading. If there's another reasonable wager Cole wants to offer which would measure our judgment, I'm all ears. Money where your mouth is, doc," - Jonah Goldberg, February 8, 2005.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/t...ly_dish/2007/02/quote_for_the_d_6.html

What disturbs me about the neo-con media is not only how they get every aspect of the war wrong (as i mentioned in another related thread), they have so much bravado about it like Jonah here. Even in the face of looking like a complete buffoon, they are defiant till the bitter end.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Pride goeth before the fall

Some think too highly of themselves and rush into things that bring them back down to earth. Their blindness prevents them from seeing their failure, until it's too late.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The worst thing is that this clown is still not dealing with how wrong he was. He has barey admitted it but not admitted what it says about him.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
let's make a bet. I predict that Iraq won't have a civil war, that it will have a viable constitution, and that a majority of Iraqis and Americans will, in two years time, agree that the war was worth it.
He must have been assured by those he disseminates the propaganda for, that they will foot the bill. He has the proverbial snowball's chance of winning that bet.