JohnMcCainForum.com hacked by Obama Posse!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Harvey
If it really was Democrats, I'm sorry they did it. There's no reason to sink to their level. :(

OTOH, it was nazis who burned the Reichstag and blamed it on the Jews. I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out to be one of Rove's Machiavellian moves.

We won't know unless and until they identify those who did it.

Actually to see the Dems learn from the Republican tactics is quite refreshing.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
The admin shows his own stupidity too......

Lots of cleaning up to do. These Obominations are terrorists/al queda and will get what they deserve.

And honestly who cares who did what? Most of the people on these forums are morons in the first place, and that applies to both sides.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
OMG the new Obama KKK is here. Screw you racist scumbags. I'm voting for McCain for White Christian America! Enjoy getting raped in federal prison for hacking.

wow....This is as bad as that hilary forum

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
For those in IT, is it possible to do what these people are claiming? How can this stay hacked so long and not possible to get control back? Is this a stunt, as it's gone on far too long for me to think it's real. Anyone?

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Engineer
For those in IT, is it possible to do what these people are claiming? How can this stay hacked so long and not possible to get control back? Is this a stunt, as it's gone on far too long for me to think it's real. Anyone?

if the admins have no physical control of the server, sure. the 'hacker' change the admin passwords or better yet, demote all the admins and create a new admin account for himself. they're screwed.

one of the many ways to get it back, is to hire another hacker to hack it back... i don't know how/who is hosting it. so it could be as easy as calling the helpdesk of the hosting company.

this could be another one of the ron paul volunteers doing this... they're computer savvy.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: Engineer

if the admins have no physical control of the server, sure. the 'hacker' change the admin passwords or better yet, demote all the admins and create a new admin account for himself. they're screwed.

It would seem, though, that someone would have control over the servers (physical) and that a call to them could at least have them pulled offline until this is corrected? Again, for a few hours...sure...but over 24 with no end in sight? I smell "fake"....

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
It would seem, though, that someone would have control over the servers (physical) and that a call to them could at least have them pulled offline until this is corrected? Again, for a few hours...sure...but over 24 with no end in site? I smell "fake"....

yeah... i'd like to see them "hack" another site before i buy this.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
If it really was Democrats, I'm sorry they did it. There's no reason to sink to their level. :(

At what point do you recognize that both sides are capable of being "at that level"?

When it's a "Repug", it's because "that's how all Repugs are", but when it's a Dem group, it's an isolated incident and not representative of the whole party.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: her209
Originally posted by: Balt
Is it even an official McCain website?
Does John McCain even know what a 'website' is?

Is this like another cheap shot that Biden made towards McCain? Making fun of McCain ... only to have to come back an apologize about John McCain not being able to fully use a computer due to his war wounds?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: T2T III

Is this like another cheap shot that Biden made towards McCain? Making fun of McCain ... only to have to come back an apologize about John McCain not being able to fully use a computer due to his war wounds?

It's really quite sad. The same people all up in arms over the racism directed towards Obama routinely take joy in making fun of McCain's inability to do anything above elbow high.

Classy sons of bitches, aren't they ;)

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
I smell either 4chan tomfoolery or a hoax. Either way some of the stuff on there is pretty funny. Isn't working anymore though. Think it might have been taken down.

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by: T2T III

I envy him, I wish I couldn't use a computer. Ignorance is bliss.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

OTOH, it was nazis who burned the Reichstag and blamed it on the Jews. I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out to be one of Rove's Machiavellian moves.

We won't know unless and until they identify those who did it.

That's right, because Karl Rove is a Nazi. :roll: