John Roberts Just Dropped the Hammer on Rogue, Lawless Trump Judges

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Chief justice John Roberts, has as the title states, dropped the hammer on rogue judges.

Hopefully this stops the judge shopping that is occuring nationwide. The right is up in arms about this decision and and is actually telling other judges to ignore this directive.
We can get back to when the cases were randomly assigned.

Maybe we too can get to the point where these nationwide injunctions from the one-stop shopping can end.

The one that sticks in my mind is the judge from texas matthew kacsmaryk.

"this is the Matthew Kacsmaryk fix. Kacsmaryk is the guy who sits in a one-judge division in Amarillo, Texas, who will do whatever anti-LGBTQ, anti-abortion, anti-immigrant plaintiffs ask him to do. The state of Texas goes back into his courthouse over and over again to get sweeping injunctions."

I see nothing but good from this decision. But since IANAL, and I know some of you members are, give your insight on why this may not be as good as it appears to be.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Chief justice John Roberts, has as the title states, dropped the hammer on rogue judges.

Hopefully this stops the judge shopping that is occuring nationwide. The right is up in arms about this decision and and is actually telling other judges to ignore this directive.
We can get back to when the cases were randomly assigned.

Maybe we too can get to the point where these nationwide injunctions from the one-stop shopping can end.

The one that sticks in my mind is the judge from texas matthew kacsmaryk.

"this is the Matthew Kacsmaryk fix. Kacsmaryk is the guy who sits in a one-judge division in Amarillo, Texas, who will do whatever anti-LGBTQ, anti-abortion, anti-immigrant plaintiffs ask him to do. The state of Texas goes back into his courthouse over and over again to get sweeping injunctions."

I see nothing but good from this decision. But since IANAL, and I know some of you members are, give your insight on why this may not be as good as it appears to be.
Moral behavior is best transmitted to others by demonstrating it. Charity, as they say, begins at home. The Supreme court has been a cornucopia of riches for one famous judge shopper. They are sitting on a slam dunk decision to allow trials to occur after the election. Roberts is worried perhaps about a legacy that can never be unfucked. His court reeks of judicial activism and graft.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017

1) It isn't retroactive, so we still have a bunch of "Kacsmaryk" cases in Texas actively working to over-run the federal government at various stages - including immigration policy, and medication abortion access nationwide

2) Republicans are actively and openly vowing to ignore the Chief Justice and the judicial conference, so expect chaos as MAGAts will again undoubtedly file new cases directly with Kacsmaryk - ignoring this ruling - and the 5th Circuit may very well let them do it

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
He did not drop the hammer at all, and in fact the court he runs is lawless.

Did they reduce judge shopping? Yes. The fundamental problem is the Supreme Court though, not shopped judges.
Perhaps the SCOTUS was feeling a little needy since the locals weren't relying on the Crap Court for their legislative activities.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
And the other shoe drops... "clarification" now, that this was only recommended guidance, to be followed purely at the discretion of the individual district courts. So the corrupted courts can choose to stay corrupt (hi Fifth Circuit!)

Reactions: dank69

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Great I guess, if that actually pans out.

I'd rather Roberts start giving a shit about insurrection and treason though, or that glaring code of ethics problem since we have judges who are purchased by private interests and married to insurrectionists. But then that would require putting country ahead of party, and I just don't see that happening for a court that just ignored Trump being an insurrectionist.

Dems need to crush it in November, keep the White House and take both chambers with healthy majorities. Then kill the damn filibuster and expand the court, Schumer or whomever should give Moscow Mitch credit for it too. Remind them that they wouldn't be there watching the number of judges increase were it not for McConnell's duplicity and disrespect towards the office of President when he robbed Obama of his right to fill a vacant seat.

I'm happy so many GenZs are so fired up over Roe being taken down. Their thirst for a dominanting victory over Team Treason really gives me 'the kids are ok' feels. I'll ask older people to think back to when Trump was in the Oval Office, almost always they make a face like they just got a whiff of freshly killed skunk. I love it. C'mon November!

Reactions: hal2kilo and iRONic

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It would be ironic on a galactic scale if someone challenged the new rule and it was randomly assigned to Kacsmaryk.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
It would be ironic on a galactic scale if someone challenged the new rule and it was randomly assigned to Kacsmaryk.
They don't even have to challenge it ~ as it is not a rule, it is merely a suggestion. With implementation left at the discretion of each of the district courts. Highly unlikely that Kacsmaryk's district will bother to follow the recommendation.