John Edwards: Class-Warfare Charlatan

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." -- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court justice from 1916--1939

PeshakJang

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2010
But that's not the GOP plan. If they cut spending 100x they ALWAYS reduce taxes by at least 100X, if not more. If they don't reduce taxes by 100x then the money is gifted to corporations. So again I ask, how is this ever going to balance the budget, much less reduce the deficit?

And yes I find that as totally irrational (if not more so) than the so-called tax and spend. It's spending without taxing.

Well that's not what they should do then. And obviously, it is impossible at this point to cut taxes as much as spending, seeing as how we have a ~$1.5 trillion deficit alone.

Even if cutting spending alone doesn't solve the problem, raising taxes most certainly will make it worse. Suck more life out of the economy, and give politicians a reason to not cut as much as they would otherwise be forced to.

I am also in favor of raising taxes on those who have a negative contribution. The 50% of working Americans that pay ZERO federal income taxes. Make them pay just $10 a year and they'll go bat shit crazy about how the government spends.... maybe we'll see some progress. Unfortunately, that would also be the end of the Democratic party.

Last edited:

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
I did respond to his question by pointing out that Edwards had no ideas and only had empty stories.

As the article I posted points out the whole 'poor child starving to death' bit was completely made up in order to appeal to people's emotions.

No, I ma pointing out you have a habit of deflecting or ignoring various thread OP's, and when called on it, you cannot defend your position, and bail out of the thread to post misleading info in another thread. You do it all the time.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
The worst part is the liberal media wouldn't investigate him. They ignored almost everything bad about him, when it was so obvious he was a sleazebag. The National Enquirer is a more honest newspaper than the New York Times.