Joe the Plumber considering 2010 Congress run

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Sounds like a joke, but it's for real...

Text

Jesus Christ. :roll: He's a plumber, and not even a licensed one. Can someone please end this guy's 15 minutes already?

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Well if an actor/bodybuilder can become a politician, I don't see how a plumber can't.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: gevorg
Well if an actor/bodybuilder with worldwide name recognition, tens of millions of dollars, a marriage into one of the most powerful political families in American history, running against an unpopular governor in a split election can become a politician, I don't see how a plumber can't.

Yeah, me either.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Well if an actor/bodybuilder can become a politician, I don't see how a plumber can't.

Nothing wrong with plumbing per se, but unlicensed lying tax-evaders shouldn't be elected.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
LOL. Imagine the ads against him. "He says his name is Joe, but it is actually Sam. Can we really trust Joe to tell the truth?"

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
This news is a new low. . . from dumb to dumberer to dumberest. :(

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: Perknose
This news is a new low. . . from dumb to dumberer to dumberest. :(

Well, we know where you get your ideology and talking points from.

Originally posted by: Infohawk

Nothing wrong with plumbing per se, but unlicensed lying tax-evaders shouldn't be elected.

You seriously think that?
edit:
I read "couldn't" not "shouldn't" sorry n/m

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005

Heck, we've had an actor as a president.

However, it's good to remember that actors have an advantage in that their faces are personalities are well known. Even if they're politically inept, they can go for the charisma vote. Plumbers don't have this advantage.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I knew he'd profit off of all this, but using it to launch a political career? It was so obvious, I missed it. He'll probably win against any local yokel off name recognition alone.

Oct 30, 2004

The difference might be that Schwartzenagger and Jesse Ventura actually possess grey matter of some sort. In contrast, Joe the Plumber is a complete moron and buffoon.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Well .... he would certainly have the ""Women who love Plumber's Crack"" vote locked up .... might crossover a bit with the gay vote if he dresses up like that guy in the Village People.

I heard the RNC might pay for a wardrobe change.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
So many politicians started out like that, he has definite Tom Delay potential. Or dare we hope, the next Earl Landgrebe.

But the links do not work, and unless the district he runs out of is solidly 55%+ republican, he could have tough sledding for a long time career.

By 2010, America may well have forgotten ole JoeSam.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
So many politicians started out like that, he has definite Tom Delay potential. Or dare we hope, the next Earl Landgrebe.

But the links do not work, and unless the district he runs out of is solidly 55%+ republican, he could have tough sledding for a long time career.

By 2010, America may well have forgotten ole JoeSam.

godwilling

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008

Sounds like Charlie Rangel.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: winnar111

Sounds like Charlie Rangel.

Sounds like about all of them to me, or at least once the dirt actually comes out on each one of them (as it usually does).

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Well he's already on record/video as saying he doesn't like Social Security in any form. I'm not really sure that stance will help him in an election.