Joe Rogan got the Rona

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Posting words because I have to

Of course he caught COVID.
My assumption is that this isn't his first go round with it.

Joe Rogan isn't the brightest bulb in the world but he interviews interesting people in a neutral way.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Rogan said he took several medications after his diagnosis, including the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin

There isn't a big enough eye rolling gif to express how I feel.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I used to like and respect the guy.

Now I couldn't care less what he says or does.
I was reading in the WSJ that Joe Rogan is considered to be "one of the most consumed" content creators on the planet. The last time I heard Joe Rogan's voice was about 15 years ago when re-runs of News Radio were playing on cable television.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I hope he shits his entire colon out.
cJQkW0P.jpeg

Last edited:

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Always interesting when these high profile individuals who downplay COVID or the vaccine...end up getting COVID and then take biggest drug cocktail to try to treat it

Feb 4, 2009
Always interesting when these high profile individuals who downplay COVID or the vaccine...end up getting COVID and then take biggest drug cocktail to try to treat it

I know I find it really strange how some refuse the vaccine because it is/was experimental or rushed or whatever then they go right to taking horse de-worming pills or some anti malaria thing both of which have not been tested to treat COVID and both manufacturers say is not effective of non labeled use.
Really, really strange it is much easier to admit you may be wrong.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I was reading in the WSJ that Joe Rogan is considered to be "one of the most consumed" content creators on the planet. The last time I heard Joe Rogan's voice was about 15 years ago when re-runs of News Radio were playing on cable television.
I just saw my first picture of him due to this story yesterday. Have no clue.

Reactions: pete6032

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
I know I find it really strange how some refuse the vaccine because it is/was experimental or rushed or whatever then they go right to taking horse de-worming pills or some anti malaria thing both of which have not been tested to treat COVID and both manufacturers say is not effective of non labeled use.
Really, really strange it is much easier to admit you may be wrong.
Beau says essentially the same thing in this video. First point is the fact that people who talk about not wanting to do what "Big Pharma" tells them, turn around and take Ivermectin which is made by MERCK. Yup Merck, one of the largest pharma companies in the world. The 2nd point is that Merck is telling people not to take this drug for Covid. This is coming from a company that essentially has no stake in the Covid treatment game and would love to have one.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Before I started hearing much about the JRE, my opinion on him was pretty neutral, and remained there for the first while... it's declined fairly steadily over the past few years.

Wait, he REALLY went for ivermectin? Yeah, I dunno that my opinion has much more room to decline on this one. Glad his audience declined when he went to whatever platform he's on (I forget), that can only be a good thing.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
“I’m not a doctor, I’m a f–cking moron,” Rogan said on another episode. “I’m not a respected source of information, even for me … But I at least try to be honest about what I’m saying.”

Well, at least he has some self-awareness.
Out of curiosity, did Rogan ever definitively state whether he's vaccinated? I know he said young people don't need to from a risk assessment standpoint, but Rogan isn't exactly young by common standards.

It's fun to roast Rogan for being a dumb ass, but if he got a breakthrough case, then I'd cut him some slack. Don't listen to his show, but he is one of the voices of the UFC.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Out of curiosity, did Rogan ever definitively state whether he's vaccinated? I know he said young people don't need to from a risk assessment standpoint, but Rogan isn't exactly young by common standards.

It's fun to roast Rogan for being a dumb ass, but if he got a breakthrough case, then I'd cut him some slack. Don't listen to his show, but he is one of the voices of the UFC.

I had that very question myself and looked through a bunch of articles on Rogan getting COVID. It is not mentioned. It's weird that he's never said since he had no issue disclosing his COVID diagnosis and all the medications he's taking.

Best guess is that he has been vaccinated.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014

There was a time when he brought on scientists that challenged his thinking. Then he stopped bringing them on, brought on snake oil salesman, continues to go on about heat shock proteins, and then talks about sauna therapy for Covid prevention. Like you think the average Joe has got a sauna? Eat Elk everyday? Got 5 hours a day to workout? I stopped watching around the time he went over to Spotify. He is out of touch.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
There was a time when he brought on scientists that challenged his thinking. Then he stopped bringing them on, brought on snake oil salesman, continues to go on about heat shock proteins, and then talks about sauna therapy for Covid prevention. Like you think the average Joe has got a sauna? Eat Elk everyday? Got 5 hours a day to workout? I stopped watching around the time he went over to Spotify. He is out of touch.
FWIW, a two person home sauna can be had for $2500, that's not much more than some folks spend on a TV. I love saunas, and will probably pick one up in the next couple years :D
Not gonna depend on it for anything other than personal enjoyment though.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
What's sad is that Joe was one of the first celebrities I saw taking the pandemic seriously (back in March 2020):