Jobless Claims Fall to Nearly 3-Year Low

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674The Economy is Bush's Fantastic Economy", the AT experts like CAD, Dirtboy and Rush have said so, so it must be. Come on, there isn't any millions of Americans out of work.

Fabrication.

I never said the economy is Fantastic.

If you want to correctly quote me, I've said it is fine.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: dirtboy
Originally posted by: ReiAyanami
how many of you actually have a degree in economics?

<<crickets>>

those are some dam smart crickets

hehehehe

What about the AT experts???

What about them?

I don't have a degree in economics. Do you?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

<<crickets>>

hehehehe

What about them?

They're the ones hanging on every Govt report and jumping up and down about numbers skyrocketing when the numbers go up .1 , to be fair the Media too, so guess they are all Expert Economists. Since they are and I jopined the group for the New Year guess that makes me one too. :D

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
They're the ones hanging on every Govt report and jumping up and down about numbers skyrocketing when the numbers go up .1 , to be fair the Media too, so guess they are all Expert Economists. Since they are and I jopined the group for the New Year guess that makes me one too. :D

I don't know if they have an economics degree. But in their defense, you jump up and down about us being in a depression when the numbers change slightly too.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

I don't know if they have an economics degree. But in their defense, you jump up and down about us being in a depression when the numbers change slightly too.

Yeah I know, It's been pointed out that the millions of Americans out of work since 2001 has been a figment of my imagination. I woke up from that shower dream at the change of the New Year.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah I know, It's been pointed out that the millions of Americans out of work since 2001 has been a figment of my imagination. I woke up from that shower dream at the change of the New Year.

Well...ummm...good for you.

BTW, how come in another thread you asked me to point out your fabrications of my words that you promised to fix, yet in this thread I point that out and you ignore it???

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Well...ummm...good for you.

BTW, how come in another thread you asked me to point out your fabrications of my words that you promised to fix, yet in this thread I point that out and you ignore it???

Just saw that now, OK I'll take you out of that group and surprised that you don't agree that the Economy is "Fantastic" like most ATers. Since when are you with the guys that thinks it sucks? This is News to me.

Edit: Took you out.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

<<crickets>>

hehehehe

*sigh. BS in Finance and an MBA. Pretty sure John Galt has an econ degree. Not sure about CAD. I think LunarRay has some serious econ background.

SO when it comes down to it, yah if some of us want to flash our meaningless degrees, then yes we are more of an expert than an unemployed programmer.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001

<<crickets>>

hehehehe

What about them?

Yeah, I have an econ degree but I think most of us with these degrees prefer to stay out of these threads.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just saw that now, OK I'll take you out of that group and surprised that you don't agree that the Economy is "Fantastic" like most ATers. Since when are you with the guys that thinks it sucks? This is News to me.

I've never been in that group. I know the economy is not in a depression, so that excludes me from the "suck group." I also don't think it is fantastic, so that excludes me from the "fantastic group." I think it is fine. I think it is heading in the right direction and that we are on our way to a stable economy.

I've said that in the past, but I suppose you've chosen not to read my posts.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: LordJezo
Yeah, I have an econ degree but I think most of us with these degrees prefer to stay out of these threads.

That's a shame, because I'd like to hear what you have to say.. I wish I had time to formally study economics.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nothing to be confused about. If you are not a high milage driver, you can afford to finance longer since the rates are low.

Yeh, right. It's an act of desperation by lenders/dealers to keep selling new cars, and an act of desperation by consumers to keep driving them. After 6 or 7 years, you'll be paying $300/mo. to drive a $1500 beater, or taking a pounding back at the dealership- you owe $5K, and the book value is only $1K, but they'll roll it all over into a new loan where you essentially pay $24K for a $20K vehicle... or by then, if you're lucky, you'll have some equity in the house, do a rollover there, pay off all your debts, start over again... on a new 30 year mortgage...

Unemployment may be down slightly, but stupidity is up, way up...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: alchemize

<<crickets>>

hehehehe

*sigh. BS in Finance and an MBA. Pretty sure John Galt has an econ degree. Not sure about CAD. I think LunarRay has some serious econ background.

SO when it comes down to it, yah if some of us want to flash our meaningless degrees, then yes we are more of an expert than an unemployed programmer.

Nope - no degree. Just a few classes in college and reading alot on the subject.

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Nothing to be confused about. If you are not a high milage driver, you can afford to finance longer since the rates are low.

Yeh, right. It's an act of desperation by lenders/dealers to keep selling new cars, and an act of desperation by consumers to keep driving them. After 6 or 7 years, you'll be paying $300/mo. to drive a $1500 beater, or taking a pounding back at the dealership- you owe $5K, and the book value is only $1K, but they'll roll it all over into a new loan where you essentially pay $24K for a $20K vehicle... or by then, if you're lucky, you'll have some equity in the house, do a rollover there, pay off all your debts, start over again... on a new 30 year mortgage...

Unemployment may be down slightly, but stupidity is up, way up...

Poor Jhhn, I see we have to work on converting you over to the New Great American Dream. This is great, makes the Country the best it's been in over 20 years come on now.

MrYogi

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Now for some real statistics,
6 million jobs are moving to India, Ireland, and Israel in the next 6-10 years. US lost 2.4million jobs after bush became the president in 2001.
:|:|

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MrYogi
6 million jobs are moving to India, Ireland, and Israel in the next 6-10 years. US lost 2.4million jobs after bush became the president in 2001.

Must be Bush's fault, because this would have never happened if Gore or anyone else was elected.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MrYogi

Just where are you getting your wrong statistics from? The Govt BLS and other reports as well as CAD & Co, Rush, Hannity say that more jobs have been created than lost under Bush and at highest wages ever.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Rush, Hannity say that more jobs have been created than lost under Bush and at highest wages ever.

I thought you were going to stop fabricating things?

Do you have links to support your claim that Rush and Hannity are saying this? I'd like to see it, because last I checked they weren't posting here.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Rush, Hannity say that more jobs have been created than lost under Bush and at highest wages ever.

I thought you were going to stop fabricating things?

Do you have links to support your claim that Rush and Hannity are saying this? I'd like to see it, because last I checked they weren't posting here.

Oh please, guess you don't listen to theie shows.