JK Rowling is one reward club sticker away from joining the Full Nazi fan club

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Screenshot 2024-03-18 081109.png

IIRC Rowling started writing the HP books when she was poor, to the point that she took her baby to a cafe because they had heating there and wrote while the baby slept. Some people might take that as an instructive experience that many people need help at some point in their lives and to adopt a 'pay it forward' mindset in one way or another, and unfortunately it appears that other people take it as an instructive experience in the opposite direction, to give nothing back and try to cut off the lifelines of people who need it, the sort of people who have truly mooched and go on to complain about moochers, try to exclude as many people as possible from the "real people who deserve things" point of view, and maybe eventually become far-righters as their arrogance / entitlement grows.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 082707.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 082707.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 50

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I had no idea there were transsexuals in 1933. I honestly thought the first was in the early 70's.
Learn something new every day.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I had no idea there were transsexuals in 1933. I honestly thought the first was in the early 70's.

There have been transgenders since the beginning of the written world.

Have you so easily forgotten.. in the Roman Empire, it was common and widely accepted for people to have a wife and a young transgender/ boy lover? Same for Ancient Greece!

All these anti sexuality bit is courtesy of the Christian/ Islam bit which proves those religions are nothing more than a means of control!

If you research more ancient religions like Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, Paganism.. they infact have nothing against transgender or gay or lesbian sexuality.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Do you really think there is anything new under the sun when it comes to gender identity and sexuality? You're confusing a lack of visibility with something not happening.

People are people and denying certain aspects of the human condition for some people doesn't mean those aspects cease to exist.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Have you so easily forgotten.. in the Roman Empire, it was common and widely accepted for people to have a wife and a young transgender/ boy lover? Same for Ancient Greece!

All these anti sexuality bit is courtesy of the Christian/ Islam bit which proves those religions are nothing more than a means of control!

If you research more ancient religions like Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, Paganism.. they infact have nothing against transgender or gay or lesbian sexuality.
I thought transgender meant hormones and surgery. The definition is apparently broader than I thought.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I thought transgender meant hormones and surgery. The definition is apparently broader than I thought.

And you thought wrong.

American samoa have fafafinne (third gender). No hormones needed.

India has hijras. No hormones or doctors needed. They just chop it off themselves in an appeasement to their god to be the person they are and were meant to be.

Afghanistan.. well lets not go there since they cherish underage.. but even the Taliban was not able to remove it from their culture.

So things are all over the spectrum in the old world.. but hormones and surgery such breast implants or penile implants are pretty recent developments to aid in passability but those transgender people have been around longer than time itself.

You cannot erase them.

Feb 4, 2009

It’s people reading it wrong.
I have a gay pastor. Very out there gay.
He’s named after a saint that did a lot of bible translating, so much that he never stopped working or something similar. At one point someone said to the guy “you need to bed a woman to get toxins out and she can breath fresh air into you”.
He then locked himself inside his church and never left.
My Pastor loves telling people that.

• Wow
Reactions: Indus

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It's not as rare as you think and please don't reference the article by Leonard Sax. It was his opinion and not a well-reasoned one at that.
No idea who Leonard Sax is, and I won't be looking as it's not important to me. I don't care what someone wants to identify as, other than the few in sports looking for an advantage.
All of which is way of topic from Rowling being a holocaust denier, which I still don't see. Though I do recommend that anyone that doesn't like her position on transgenderism not buy her books or watch the Harry Potter movies.

Reactions: pcgeek11

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
No idea who Leonard Sax is, and I won't be looking as it's not important to me. I don't care what someone wants to identify as, other than the few in sports looking for an advantage.
All of which is way of topic from Rowling being a holocaust denier, which I still don't see. Though I do recommend that anyone that doesn't like her position on transgenderism not buy her books or watch the Harry Potter movies.
Ahh yes the canard that trans athletes are pretending because they want to win.

Classy

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Well, come on guys, if trans people didn't exist until the 1970s, how could the Nazis have even burned books about them in the 1930s? And how would pointing that out be Holocaust denial, it's not like the Nazis had a problem with queer people.

Anyway, here's an unrelated newspaper clipping from the 1950s.

Attachments

• Ex GI Becomes Blonde Beauty.png
    Ex GI Becomes Blonde Beauty.png
    802.1 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Pohemi

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
All of which is way of topic from Rowling being a holocaust denier, which I still don't see.

Do you really want to be the person who takes the position that denying that the Nazis did certain things during the Holocaust (which they did in fact do) as well as asserting that the Nazis did good things during the Holocaust (which in fact they didn't do) is different enough from "normal Holocaust denial" to be worth arguing over?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
What you all wish is that I would agree with you. While it's a shame that you have trouble with dissenting opinions, I can't fix that for you.
I don't mind being the off note in your echo chamber, I've never been much of a follower.
You can have different ideas, but so much of your world view appears to be based on just not being aware of actual facts or frankly caring that you're ignorant.

kitkat22

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2005
JK Rowling's entire argument regarding the holocaust centers on trans individuals. It is not way off topic. JK Rowling is TERF and states transgender individuals were not targeted in the holocaust. German Court says transgender people were a target of the holocaust. Can't get any more authoritative than that.