Jimmy Kimmel show canceled?

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
I haven't watched late night TV in a few months now, and flipped on the TV a little while ago. I can't stand when Letterman or Leno is interviewing celebrities (hell, I can't stand their monolouges), so I flipped it over to ABC. The few times I've seen Kimmel, he's either been hilarious or really bad, but whatever, it's 12, I'm not tired, and there's nothing to do. Nightline ends, and some exercise infomercial comes on. Is this just my local station, or did they can him?

Ticks

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2003
Its still going strong and i think its a great show. Nice taste of originality on late night.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
So basically, damn WOKR. It filled the half hour before Conan pretty well.

Ticks

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2003
it usually doesnt start exactly at 12...it starts anywhere from 12:05-12:15

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
It's definately an infomercial. How much money can a local station get for running an infomercial at midnight? Who is watching this stuff?

emmpee

Golden Member
Nov 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Dudd
So basically, damn WOKR. It filled the half hour before Conan pretty well.

Yeah, WTF...

Fellow Roch inhabitant, I noticed that too about a week ago. TVGuide.com confirms that JKL is not being aired on WOKR.

I searched all over the web and couldn't find ANY info about him being dropped on WOKR... I've got half a mind to call up the station tomorrow, and see what's up.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Eh, I'm out of here Sunday, so i don't really care, but if you want to start a massive (ie, 2) person calling campaign, I'm bored enough tonight to do it.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Kimmel isnt canceled. He was picked up for 1 more year, with a possible long term contract in the future.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
His interview with JAlba was the best evar !!! In all honesty... she never looked better. He even did a guess-what's-in-the-box game with Alba and Michelle Branch. Michelle guessed wrong and Alba got it on her first try. She continued to do a little happy dance... something ya had to see.

EDIT>>>
here ya go

and here ...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
And BTW, Alba fans will definitely want to see the last 2 I uploaded...

V
V
V

arod

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2000
Kimmel is off and on, some nights its the best comedy on TV and others its complete crap. It was pretty damn funny when they inturrupted "Elf" in the middle of the movie and went live to jimmy, and they had one of the actors on (cant remember his name at the moment), and right before that they were doing interviews with people on the street and one lady pulled out a bootleg of "Elf" (they asked her what she had in her hand).... it was pretty good.

tennisflip

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
It's an OK show. I still prefer Conan and Letterman. Does anyone find that chunky kid he has do skits annoying and obnoxious?

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
the couple of times ive seen Kimmel hes always like...uhhhh...uhhhh...uhhhh...when hes telling a joke or just talking
really annoying

he cant read a cue card??

Would rather watch Conan!!