Jilted Bride Awarded $150K After Wedding Called Off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: dud
I wonder what would have happened if the roles were reversed in this case? Suppose a man sued a woman for the same reason?

... He would have been laughed out of court.

Double standards suck ...

And women are ALLLLWAYS fighting about "equal rights this" and "we wanna be equal that" yet when it comes down to shit like this OF COURSE "we are women and deserve blah blah blah". Fucking pisses me off.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: KK
so this old bitch was evidently deceitful about her debts yet she still wins. Something must be missing from the story. If not this bitch should be decapitated and the jurors should be shot along with everyone in the jurors' family.
Wow you got some serious fucking issues dude.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: thegimp03
Whoa, wait, they weren't married yet. The wedding was called off, meaning it hadn't happened. So there were no promises made, only whatever the guy said to her while they were dating/engaged. Someone shouldn't be able to win a lawsuit because of that. If it doesn't work out, better that they find out before actually tying the knot. Wow, what is the world coming to?

The next step is getting sued after telling a girl "I love you" and breaking up with her.

>> "JURY AWARDS $30,000 TO EX-GIRLFRIEND"

Wow. Remind me to never date again, or if I do, use a fake ID.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
But you won't respect me in the morning.

I'll respect you baby.

Really? OK we can do anal

<time passes>

Your honor, this guy I met in a bar swore a legally binding oath that he would respect me after anal sex. He left in the morning i a hurry and it took me 6 weeks to track him down. I demand payment for pain and suffering.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Appeal, and start liquidating everything now. If he loses the appeal then move out of the country. Fuck her.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: KK
so this old bitch was evidently deceitful about her debts yet she still wins. Something must be missing from the story. If not this bitch should be decapitated and the jurors should be shot along with everyone in the jurors' family.
Wow you got some serious fucking issues dude.

the world would be a better place without them.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
just goes to show that assholes and morons can achieve anything they set their mind to...including being a judge.

this is why I have pretty much abandoned all hope for humanity.......not much surprises me anymore.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: destined
what % of the jury were women? This is a ridiculous case. wow

Yeah they should have all been men, or at least butch lesbians.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: KaOTiK
Looks like he made the right call, damn golddigger

LOL...sadly, even if she gets to keep that money he'll probably end up better off then if he'd married her.

Gothgar

Lifer
Sep 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
Originally posted by: Mackie2k
Sigh.

What a joke......

So, what now your Vows in a wedding could be considered a binding contract as well? If I get divorced cause my wife stops working, but I said "Promise to love you, in good times and bad" I could be held liable for not loving her anymore cause she's a lazy fat POS that won't work???

Give me a break. The judge should have never let this go to trial.

I could see if she spent $150,000 of her own money to plan the wedding, but pain and suffering??

She caused it herself!!

Sigh.

Where does it say pain and suffering? She left her job to marry him. But she wasn't up front about her debts...

he must have gone to :music:freeeee credit report dawt com:music:

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Josh
Originally posted by: dud
I wonder what would have happened if the roles were reversed in this case? Suppose a man sued a woman for the same reason?

... He would have been laughed out of court.

Double standards suck ...

And women are ALLLLWAYS fighting about "equal rights this" and "we wanna be equal that" yet when it comes down to shit like this OF COURSE "we are women and deserve blah blah blah". Fucking pisses me off.

double standards do suck. same with some (not nearly all) of the glbt crowd, minorities, etc.... they want special rights just because they think they are special.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's what happens when you have too many lawyers and not enough engineers! :D

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
It's sad tos ee this...

BUT at least 30-50% of his wealth is hopefully more th en $150k so he has done well to only lose that now! But she's still a gold digging bint!

Koing

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Maybe he can anonymously call all her future boyfriends and tell them what happened?

imported_Champ

Golden Member
Mar 25, 2008
you know what this means?

Preprenup :disgust:

"just incase we decide to get married then break it off"

one hell of a first date conversation infact