Jihadist cleric may face charges

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cle...trageous/2007/01/18/1168709876464.html

A firebrand Islamic leader who urged young Muslims to become holy warriors and labelled Jews as pigs could face charges of incitement to violence.

Australian Federal Police are looking into DVDs featuring Sheik Feiz Mohammed, the leader of the Global Islamic Youth Centre in Liverpool, in Sydney's west.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma today accused the sheik of inciting terrorism in the collection of DVDs, called the Death Series.

The Federal Government said the sheik's DVD preachings were "reprehensible and offensive", Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd said they were "obscene" and Mr Iemma labelled them "disgusting".

If it is found the sheik's comments breach sedition laws and incite acts of violence, the AFP will launch a full investigation and he could face charges.

NSW Jewish Board of Deputies chief executive Vic Alhadeff said the sheik was inciting racial hatred.

"It is of great concern when people in positions of influence abuse that power to incite racial hatred," Mr Alhadeff said.

In the DVDs, which are on sale through the youth centre's website, the Sydney-born cleric urges young Muslims to be prepared to sacrifice themselves for Islam.

The sheik, who has spent the past year living in Lebanon, also talks of a Muslim killing a Jew and ridiculed Jews as pigs.

I totally disagree with banning speech hate or otherwise however shouldn't Australia at least be consistent? After all, excuse me, he was just quoting the Qur'an (2:62-65; 5:59-60; 7:166) in calling Jews pigs, will they ban the Qur'an also? I won't hold my breath. Nor will I hold my breath for moderate Muslims to condemn these hate-filled clerics knowing it's the prevailing attitude within the Ummah.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Aussies are handling it better than we are.

Half of us still believe it?s a religion of peace, and refuse to believe they?d incite violence. Incitement of violence is perhaps the most grievously widespread breach of our laws as they recruit from our prisons and other disenfranchised who seek vengeance.

Will we listen to their own words and condemn them before more of our blood stains our streets? I think not.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Zebo

I totally disagree with banning speech hate or otherwise however shouldn't Australia at least be consistent? After all, excuse me, he was just quoting the Qur'an (2:62-65; 5:59-60; 7:166) in calling Jews pigs, will they ban the Qur'an also? I won't hold my breath. Nor will I hold my breath for moderate Muslims to condemn these hate-filled clerics knowing it's the prevailing attitude within the Ummah.

Interesting. So even the Islamic holy book supports their actions?

Religion of Peace eh?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Wrong message board guys, Christians are the enemy here. After all, Christians did bad stuff hundreds of years ago so its ok for Muslims to do bad stuff now.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The hell with long ago--how about right now?---but if we are going to arrest people for free speech--lets stay consistent
by arresting Pat Robertson also.

Pat Robertson, Ossama Bin Laden, GWB, Cheney, Steven Hadley, Wolfawitz, Libby, Ahmadinejhad, Al Sadr, Rove, quite a few moslem clerics, are all just a short list of fellow jhadists engaged in the same quest to murder the truth and destroy any hopes of global dialog and mutual understanding. Somehow I don't see a dimes worth of difference between any of them.

But I don't believe in censorship either---all that does is drives it underground and increases its appeal as forbidden fruit. It is we the people who are supposed to be smart enough to give the lot their just deserts--namely by ignoring their message of hate. And by identifying them as the idiots that they are and rebutting their message of hate.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
There is a reason the U.S has strict immigration laws

It seems the rest of the world takes in anyone

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Riiiight, Aimster -- the rest of the world takes in anyone, while the USA lets anyone waltz in through the back door.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Pat Robertson, Ossama Bin Laden, GWB, Cheney, Steven Hadley, Wolfawitz, Libby, Ahmadinejhad, Al Sadr, Rove, quite a few moslem clerics, are all just a short list of fellow jhadists engaged in the same quest to murder the truth and destroy any hopes of global dialog and mutual understanding. Somehow I don't see a dimes worth of difference between any of them.

There's a gem.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: dna
Riiiight, Aimster -- the rest of the world takes in anyone, while the USA lets anyone waltz in through the back door.

Actually they do.

So stop posting

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Lemon law
The hell with long ago--how about right now?---but if we are going to arrest people for free speech--lets stay consistent
by arresting Pat Robertson also.

But I don't believe in censorship either---all that does is drives it underground and increases its appeal as forbidden fruit. It is we the people who are supposed to be smart enough to give the lot their just deserts--namely by ignoring their message of hate. And by identifying them as the idiots that they are and rebutting their message of hate.
When exactly did Robertson, Bush, Cheney, Hadley, Wolfawitz, Libby or Rove call Muslims pigs or called for a holy war against Islam?

Before you reply with the standard war on terror is a war on Islam crap you know full well that Bush has said over and over this is not a war on Islam. It is the Americans who have gone out of their way not to attack mosques, while it is the fellow Muslims who blew up the golden dome mosque.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
It's pretty obvious that the vast majority of Muslims on this planet are peaceful, non-violent folk, it's the hateful and violent 1% that use Islam as a basis for their hate and anger. Otherwise, we'd have a much larger problem than we already have. Is it right to use religion as a basis to wage war, kill or blast hate at everyone else? Of course not. Could the remaining 99% of Muslims do more to make their voices heard loud and clear that what these morons are doing in the name of their religion is wrong? Of course they could. But still, this is the sort of painting with a broad brush technique that irks Christians so much when one of their religious leaders turns out to be considerably less than perfect. Do we blame all Christians for the failure of one man? No, not even here at P&N. And anyone who does is clearly just as wrong.

imported_dna

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2006
Originally posted by: Aimster
Actually they do.

So stop posting

If you didn't get it, it was a sarcastic remark about your assertion of strict immigration laws in the USA. With probably 20m illegals there's nothing to boast about.

Also, I can't stop posting -- someone needs to educate you :p

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
To non-Prof John who wrote---Before you reply with the standard war on terror is a war on Islam crap you know full well that BUSH has SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN this is not a war on Islam.

There it is----the glaring logical flaw in your argument, the very thing that stick out like a sore thumb, and you just don't see it.

You are so dumb to think GWB has any credibility?---or that any believe what he says?

He also said this is not about the oil---yet he had people testifying before congress saying the Iraqi oil could pay for the occupation----that sure sounds like war time reparations at a minimum to me.

When he says this is not a war against Islam, people just don't believe him when he treats Moslems as second class citizens----kidnapping them, torturing and killing them, occupying an entire country, and humiliating men and women as he targets their Islamic taboos.

The point is Non-Prof John---the more GWB says something the less they believe him. But GWB occupies a special
place on this list---he not only talks about doing things---he does them also.