JIFFY LUBE messed up on my sister's car.. is this okay?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Savij

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Busie23
I would definitely take it back to them and have them either clean it up, or reimburse you for a cleaning. It is supposed to be a professional business, and professionals don't do a job and leave a big mess.

On a side note my girlfriend took her car there and before she left they told her that they had to put some special screw in the pan because the threads were stripped. They said it would be ok, but if she noticed any oil spots to bring it back.

The guy also told her that if she takes it to a dealer to get the oil changed they will tell her that her oil pan needs replaced and that someone did a shody job on the last oil change, etc. But, if she goes to anyother oil change place they will know what was done because it is kind of standard practice?

is this a common thing?

Sounds like the drain plug threads are stripped. I accidently over tightened it on my car and stripped it once. It's a plastic part on my car and seems like it would be easy to do if you're not paying attention. Sounds normal to me

*Note*: I'm not liable if your car turns into a Decepticon cause I have no idea what i'm talking about.