JIF PB recalled nation-wide!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I remember that guy and his peanut company back from 2008.
He was sentenced to 28 years in 2015.
He tried to appeal but it looks like he will serve time until he's 85.

• Wow
Reactions: brianmanahan

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We had to go into town today, so I stopped at Walmart to see about replacements...nope. Only PB in the store was Great Value brand. I passed

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Still wouldn't want the dogs to get sick. I wonder if you could heat treat the peanutbutter to kill the salmonella? Mouth feel and extraneous stuff isn't as important to a dog's palate.
I don't think dogs get salmonella the way humans do. I mean shit, there are plenty of dogs that eat raw chicken and other meats that are common salmonella carriers.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Why would you ruin perfectly good butter by adding sesame seed oil?
Cuz Asians like the blend with noodles. Wgile online, the recipes are Thai inspired, the combo is not limited to them.

There's also the fact there is a gargantuan tin container full of seasme oil in the house and I'd rather eat it sooner than later before it gets rancid.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
So is it wrong if I was eating apples with Jif Natural peanut butter for breakfast, saw the recall, saw that my lot code matched a recalled lot, and decided to just keep eating it anyways? I had already eaten 80% of the jar in the past few weeks.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
So is it wrong if I was eating apples with Jif Natural peanut butter for breakfast, saw the recall, saw that my lot code matched a recalled lot, and decided to just keep eating it anyways? I had already eaten 80% of the jar in the past few weeks.
I checked my jar, and saw that my wife has already eaten half of it. I'm calling it good! :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Figures I had to return all my tainted JIF and the dang store was out of just about everything else.... SO of course now I'm craving PBJ's!

:rolleyes:

Nov 17, 2019
Double dibs on your stuff ....

GetGo apple slices, peanut butter dip recalled for possible contamination

www.msn.com.ico
WEARECENTRALPA on MSN.com|18 hours ago
GetGo is voluntarily recalling their packaged Apple Slices with Peanut Butter Dip due to potential salmonella contamination. The product was sold in GetGo locations across Pennsylvania,

GetGo recalls apple slices with peanut butter due to potential salmonella contamination

www.wthr.com.ico
WTHR|17 hours ago
The product was sold through May 13 and can be identified by the UPC 30034 93770 6 and includes best if used by dates through May 29, 2022.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Keep in mind that people get exposed to nasty bugs in food (and by pets) like salmonella or e-coli all the time and many never even know about it, never mind actually get sick.

I ate some of one of the Jars I had and I did experience minor digestive issues for a few days, but at this point I feel fine... well as fine as I EVER feel!

;)

Per the CDC:

The incubation period for salmonellosis is approximately 12–72 hours, but it can be longer. Salmonella gastroenteritis is characterized by the sudden onset of diarrhea (sometime blood-tinged), abdominal cramps,
fever, and occasionally nausea and vomiting. Illness usually lasts 4–7 days.

If the infection spreads to the bloodstream and distant organs, the illness increases in duration and severity and will usually include signs and symptoms related to the organ affected.

Last edited:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Per the CDC:

The incubation period for salmonellosis is approximately 12–72 hours, but it can be longer. Salmonella gastroenteritis is characterized by the sudden onset of diarrhea (sometime blood-tinged), abdominal cramps,
fever, and occasionally nausea and vomiting. Illness usually lasts 4–7 days.

If the infection spreads to the bloodstream and distant organs, the illness increases in duration and severity and will usually include signs and symptoms related to the organ affected.
Dear CDC,
I've been married for almost 16 years. How can I tell the difference between her cooking and salmonella poisoning?

Yours truly,
Scarpozzi

Nov 17, 2019
Dear Mrs. Scarpozzi;

Call us at your earliest convenience. We do good work.

Dewey, Screwum and Howe

Attorneys At Law. Divorce is our game.