Jews

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: eits
Originally posted by: Beachboy
Originally posted by: eits
i dunno, but i do know that the israeli state is run by a bunch of asshats who don't know the difference between shyt and apple butter. they terrorize the palestinians when the palestinians terrorize them and then go to war, calling it a war against terrorism. eat my ass, israel. conversely, eat my ass, palestine.
That last line doesn't absolve you of being an Anti-Semite.

We all know you are the local muslim. Your people are all about hate. Your post underscores it.

Why can't the Jews be allowed anywhere to call home? Their religion was there thousands of years before Mohammed started his little cult.

eh? i'm muslim? that's a new one.

i'm an anti-semite? hmm... that's a new one, too.... tell that to my best friend justin horenstein.

Everyone knows you're a muslim and an anti-semite. There's no point in playing games about it.

HAHA please tell me that's a joke... you ARE joking, right? my sarcasm-meter isn't exactly turned on right now...

reverend boltron

Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ThePresence
Originally posted by: reverend boltron
Originally posted by: Cooler
"These also who erred in spirit will come to understanding, and those who complained will learn doctrine.? I'm basically telling you that there is hope for the people who are following the word of God but are mistaken in certain parts. i.e. different denominations of Christianity, the revelation of Jesus Christ, and so on and so forth. I wasn't being disrespectful, I was offering a means of agreement.

Im fine with people bashing Israel I just can?t stand those people who are convinced that Jews are going to hell. (Factoid) we do not directly believe in an after life. Thanks for clearing that up.

Are you sure you don't believe in an afterlife? Because what about the Psalms? They talk an awful lot about sheol. And what about Samuel being contacted by the witch with Saul? Anyway, I didn't say that Jews were going to hell, it talks about the Jews being in the inner circle of the temple in the book of Revelation, with gentiles being in the outer circle. You can still be Jewish and believe in Jesus as the Messiah. Jews for Jesus, etc.

Edit: Anyway, when Jesus comes again, the Messiah comes (however you want to see it), I think we'll be on the same page, because He is coming, and there is the promise of the Messiah for you. Again, talking about Isaiah 29:24, erring in Spirit and coming to an understanding of doctrine.

You CANNOT believe in Jesus and claim to be of Jewish faith. Ascribing any kind of divinity to a human being does not work in Judaism. It's impossible. Jews for Jesus is a complete scam, it's basically trying to convert Jews to be Christians with a cute name. And yes, Jews do believe in an afterlife, I don't know where he is coming from.

I was actually speaking of the literal seed of Abraham. Not the people of the faith. So people of Jewish decent.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
I heard Hitler wasn't a big fan of the Jews.

It's true... those who can not remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

Hmmm...would Godwin's law apply in this case?

Originally posted by: Doboji
It's a damn good thing this is the internet... because if it were real life... things would be significantly uglier. But thats why such people come to the internet... because they can feel free to make their cowardly ignorant comments here where noone is going to beat their ass like they deserve.

You forgot the other group of people, who come to the internet because it allows them to talk like a tough guy without having to back it up;)

reverend boltron

Nov 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Wag
It really creeps me out when people of other faiths (see Christian Zionism) call us "The Chosen People".
??? My link opened up to the right Wikipedia entry. If you disagree, just say so.

Oh, the link wasn't working properly. I was going to respond to what you said because I was like, "dude, it says in the bible that the Jewish people are God's chosen ones. And then when I went to quote you I saw the link in there, so I fixed it. But it could have just been my browser or something that didn't load the page properly the first time.

Edit: I guess mine didn't work either. Heh, sorry about that :)

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: jagec
I heard Hitler wasn't a big fan of the Jews.

It's true... those who can not remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

Hmmm...would Godwin's law apply in this case?

Originally posted by: Doboji
It's a damn good thing this is the internet... because if it were real life... things would be significantly uglier. But thats why such people come to the internet... because they can feel free to make their cowardly ignorant comments here where noone is going to beat their ass like they deserve.

You forgot the other group of people, who come to the internet because it allows them to talk like a tough guy without having to back it up;)

Well like I said.. this is the internet... so there really is no point in speculating is there?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Cooler
"These also who erred in spirit will come to understanding, and those who complained will learn doctrine.? I'm basically telling you that there is hope for the people who are following the word of God but are mistaken in certain parts. i.e. different denominations of Christianity, the revelation of Jesus Christ, and so on and so forth. I wasn't being disrespectful, I was offering a means of agreement.

Im fine with people bashing Israel I just can?t stand those people who are convinced that Jews are going to hell. (Factoid) we do not directly believe in an after life. Thanks for clearing that up.

Are you sure you don't believe in an afterlife? Because what about the Psalms? They talk an awful lot about sheol. And what about Samuel being contacted by the witch with Saul? Anyway, I didn't say that Jews were going to hell, it talks about the Jews being in the inner circle of the temple in the book of Revelation, with gentiles being in the outer circle. You can still be Jewish and believe in Jesus as the Messiah. Jews for Jesus, etc.

Edit: Anyway, when Jesus comes again, the Messiah comes (however you want to see it), I think we'll be on the same page, because He is coming, and there is the promise of the Messiah for you. Again, talking about Isaiah 29:24, erring in Spirit and coming to an understanding of doctrine.

You CANNOT believe in Jesus and claim to be of Jewish faith. Ascribing any kind of divinity to a human being does not work in Judaism. It's impossible. Jews for Jesus is a complete scam, it's basically trying to convert Jews to be Christians with a cute name. And yes, Jews do believe in an afterlife, I don't know where he is coming from.

I was actually speaking of the literal seed of Abraham. Not the people of the faith. So people of Jewish decent.
Obviously people of Jewish descent can believe in whatever they want, including the flying spaghetti monster just like people of any other type. But the Jewish religion cannot accept Jesus in any way.

reverend boltron

Nov 18, 2004
Obviously people of Jewish descent can believe in whatever they want, including the flying spaghetti monster just like people of any other type. But the Jewish religion cannot accept Jesus in any way.

Well, you probably know more about that than I do if you're Jewish. So I'm not going to argue with you. But I do think it will be neat when the Messiah comes, and we will probably both be just as excited. Who knows though.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Oh, the link wasn't working properly. I was going to respond to what you said because I was like, "dude, it says in the bible that the Jewish people are God's chosen ones. And then when I went to quote you I saw the link in there, so I fixed it. But it could have just been my browser or something that didn't load the page properly the first time.

It's not that I disagree with you, but I find the whole idea behind Christian Zionism as creepy and weird. Some of the Christian Zionists (most of whom are American) are more militant Zionists than even American Jews.

I recommend anyone who wants to know why so much of why the US Congress is is so "pro-Israel" these days(and I state this as an American Jew) to read the Wikipedia entry on Christian Zionism. It's very enlightening. It's not so much the Jews who are behind this but the Conservative Christian movement.

reverend boltron

Nov 18, 2004

It's not that I disagree with you, but I find the whole idea behind Christian Zionism as creepy and weird. Some of the Christian Zionists (most of whom are American) are more militant Zionists than even American Jews.

I recommend anyone who wants to know why so much of why the US [conservative] Congress is is so "pro-Israel" these days(and I state this as an American Jew) to read the Wikipedia entry on Christian Zionism. It's very enlightening.

Oh, I'm not a Christian Zionist (that I know of). In fact I hadn't even heard of it until now. I'll have to read up on it more. But yeah, I don't know about the whole 1948 part about it.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Well, you probably know more about that than I do if you're Jewish. So I'm not going to argue with you. But I do think it will be neat when the Messiah comes, and we will probably both be just as excited. Who knows though.
Heh, you may be suprised. :p

CheesePoofs

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2004

I recommend anyone who wants to know why so much of why the US Congress is is so "pro-Israel" these days(and I state this as an American Jew) to read the Wikipedia entry on Christian Zionism. It's very enlightening. It's not so much the Jews who are behind this but the Conservative Christian movement.

I can't agree more. My orthodox cousin and her husband were paid by some crazy Christian group to go to Israel and to promise to stay there for at least a year (they permanently live there now) because apparently they believe it'll make the Apocalypse come faster.

And don't think all those of Jewish descent believe everything about the religion. I like Judaism for it's teachings, but prefer to use science rather than religion to explain how we're here, etc.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I thought this thead was titled "Jaws" because that awesome movie was just on TNT. BTW Richard Dreyfuss is a Jew, but I don't think that's why the shark didn't eat him.