Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3819 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
While the story might express an underlying truth about the attitudes of American Christians, it's also an oft-heard anecdote.

I had no idea. The minister who was telling his story about Jesus speaking English stole the story from an incident that happened in the past. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

"If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it ought to be good enough for the children of Texas."

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Instant Karma's gonna get ya
https://www.esquireme.com/news/lion-hunter

Screen-Shot-2023-01-27-at-3.24.13-PM.png
That lion better get its cholesterol checked after eating that lard ass.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Ahem, note the section on "Inspired KJV".

Doesn't seem like quite the same thing, though.

Besides, that's getting way too far into the minutiae of Christianity for me (I don't think I even met a Christian till I was well into my 20s...even now haven't met many).

This sort of thing

These assertions are generally based upon a preference for the Byzantine text-type or the Textus Receptus and they are also based upon a distrust of the Alexandrian text-type or the critical texts of Nestle-Aland, and Westcott-Hort, on which the majority of twentieth- and twenty-first-century translations of the Bible are based.

Reminds me of people arguing over which was the best version of Star Trek.

Though the KJV was written in the same era of English as Shakespeare's plays, no? So not surprising some people prefer it.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
NYNoqpq.jpeg

Ah, but rich in natural beaver deposits.
seems odd so I looked it up:

Lizard diversity is low in Canada, with six native species and one introduced species: