Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3730 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
265.jpg

Or the big one is a total wimp! :p

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The only possible "negative" to Penne rigate (vs "regular") is that if you use it in a cold-salad or anything else that will need a fair amount of vigorous stirring of the cooked and chilled pasta, is that the same "ridges" that help retain sauce can make the pasta break apart/shred during said stirring.

Honestly when I make pasta these days I almost always go with some type of linguine or spaghetti anyway.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I WILL INDEED request a trial by combat because penne rigate DOES SUCK. Those ridges ruin everything, including plain old pasta sauce. Rotini, farfalle, fusilli, macaroni, down the chute with no complaint. But penne rigate...even my starch addict self becomes nauseous at too much.

Might have never tried the lisce but it round ass tube...it can't be better.

great, so you don't even understand the purpose of such foods. You don't know how they are made, and you probably boil pasta until it is mushy, sticky soup anyway.

The ridges are specifically functional and necessary. They are for meaty and oily sauces.

You should probably try to eat real food sometime, before spouting off like a naive simpleton that just saw the ocean for the first time in his life, and is now attempting to inform the rest of the world about this "beautiful amazing thing that you have just discovered!"