Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 3590 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
jV0fVO9.jpeg

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
A friend posted this from the Australian outback today.

1648608849793.png

There be 292 tires on the trailer, weight of the shovel is 740 tons, three tractors pulling, two pushing. The bucket can hold 43 cubic yards (a bit over hundred tons per load).

Edit: Around here, most of the big shovels are wire rope so a hydraulic shovel that big kind of surprised me but I guess they are fairly common where there isn't enough electric power available for rope shovels.

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
This is the largest excavator I have operated.
maxresdefault.jpg

Not that exact one, a old POS yellow one. It has a walkway all the way around it, and a door that opens in the side so you can walk back in next to the engine. That was needed, because the shutdown solenoid system was nonfunctional. You had to go back and pull on a parachute cord to shut the engine down :)

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I had no idea that heterochromia existed in humans. I thought some people used contacts for that as a matter of 'fashion'.
Maybe it's just the lighting, but the red-head chic's eyes really stand out.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

View attachment 59340

There be 292 tires on the trailer, weight of the shovel is 740 tons, three tractors pulling, two pushing. The bucket can hold 43 cubic yards (a bit over hundred tons per load).

Edit: Around here, most of the big shovels are wire rope so a hydraulic shovel that big kind of surprised me but I guess they are fairly common where there isn't enough electric power available for rope shovels.
Damn, that's a beast! Iron Ore mine?

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

View attachment 59340

You haven't seen nothing until you've been inside the bed of mining trucks. They are trucked in by parts and assembled on site because they are so large. It takes several month(s) for them to put them back together from the factory.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

View attachment 59340

Ay mate, this is Australia, there would be 292 tyres on the trailer.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I had no idea that heterochromia existed in humans. I thought some people used contacts for that as a matter of 'fashion'.

Not a David Bowie fan I take it? Booooo. Hissss.

Reactions: stargazr

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

I once dated this beautiful redhead. She had one green eye and one 3/4 green and 1/4 brown eye...if that makes sense...