Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2722 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
View attachment 15203

Flu is a virus....If you don't know that, don't offer to give flu shots...

Well I mean technically the virus is influenza, and technically "germ" is a catch-all for any infectious organism, be it bacteria, virus, protozoa, or fungi.

They really hit it out of the park though by using two non-technical terms, which is decidedly unhelpful. But I guess the sign's message is clear and direct.
"Flu" is just bad though, because in reality flu also ends up being a catch-all thanks to numerous infections producing those same "flu-like symptoms."

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
w5g515xlr9841.jpg
You KNOW the engineers did that on purpose...

• Haha
Reactions: KMFJD and destrekor

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Your next mini-van.
that's pretty badass. I wonder how those rear tires and axles work? I've never seen rubber designed like that. really cool.

And the two gas ports--I'm guessing this thing uses gas and maybe diesel or some flex fuel thingy--maybe a separate special motor to drive that funky rear axle(s)?

OccamsToothbrush

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2005
that's pretty badass. I wonder how those rear tires and axles work? I've never seen rubber designed like that. really cool.

And the two gas ports--I'm guessing this thing uses gas and maybe diesel or some flex fuel thingy--maybe a separate special motor to drive that funky rear axle(s)?

No, the thing obviously has a quantum travel mode where it can be everywhere at once like the Infinite Improbability Drive in the Heart of Gold and the camera just caught it in several different places at the same time. Geesh, it's not rocket science.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, the thing obviously has a quantum travel mode where it can be everywhere at once like the Infinite Improbability Drive in the Heart of Gold and the camera just caught it in several different places at the same time. Geesh, it's not rocket science.

AFAIK, Infinite Probability Drives haven't made the testing stage yet, but maybe you are correct? I remain fascinated by this prototype, however, whatever it is. It's the kind of forward-thinking design that we need these days.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I just love the...i dunno...mental inability to realize that he's talking to the "worst AI" or so ever after the first cycle through the same ~6 lines of dialogue. I mean...the ignorance and desperation required of a brain like that, to both believe in self-defined "truth" and not be able to pick up on obvious trollery is well, well....OK, very predictable among those that only ever return to the exact same ~5-point circular reasoning...every single fucking time.

lol nvm.

Reactions: skyking

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I just love the...i dunno...mental inability to realize that he's talking to the "worst AI" or so ever after the first cycle through the same ~6 lines of dialogue. I mean...the ignorance and desperation required of a brain like that, to both believe in self-defined "truth" and not be able to pick up on obvious trollery is well, well....OK, very predictable among those that only ever return to the exact same ~5-point circular reasoning...every single fucking time.

lol nvm.
It’s just a video game character. You can’t expect it to understand what it is talking to.