Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2720 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
Or maybe she has an advanced degree because she teaches special needs children and wanted additional training? May certainly be that she took 8 years to get her bachelors, but it does seem that you have a proclivity to jumping to any conclusion that demeans others. Wonder why that is.
Sure bud. Sure. Keep telling yourself things.

16154296f144869f116fb51eb120757c.jpg

Reactions: highland145

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Or maybe she has an advanced degree because she teaches special needs children and wanted additional training? May certainly be that she took 8 years to get her bachelors, but it does seem that you have a proclivity to jumping to any conclusion that demeans others. Wonder why that is.

As demeaning as the asshats want to be, you are almost certainly correct in your assumption. There are plenty of districts which require advanced schooling to teach special needs programs. She mentions that there is a group of 1st grade students using American Sign Language (ASL). That's not remotely normal in US 1st grade classrooms. This sounds like a special needs classroom, and for early-childhood special education, you can be sure there are definitely advanced schooling credentials required. Many school districts require a Masters degree in the realm of early childhood and/or special needs education. Most degree programs average 4 years, with a Masters in the same field typically needing 2 years. There are variances in the amount of schooling needed for any given region/district, and not everyone has the opportunity, time, or income to pursue a Masters full time, and these same individuals may very well not finish a Bachelors in four years, because going full-time is not something everyone can do.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
As demeaning as the asshats want to be, you are almost certainly correct in your assumption. There are plenty of districts which require advanced schooling to teach special needs programs. She mentions that there is a group of 1st grade students using American Sign Language (ASL). That's not remotely normal in US 1st grade classrooms. This sounds like a special needs classroom, and for early-childhood special education, you can be sure there are definitely advanced schooling credentials required. Many school districts require a Masters degree in the realm of early childhood and/or special needs education. Most degree programs average 4 years, with a Masters in the same field typically needing 2 years. There are variances in the amount of schooling needed for any given region/district, and not everyone has the opportunity, time, or income to pursue a Masters full time, and these same individuals may very well not finish a Bachelors in four years, because going full-time is not something everyone can do.
Entirely agreed. It took 15 seconds to find out that the woman worked at a school for children with hearing disabilities. I dated a woman who worked at a school for children with Autism, and she needed a masters in to work there.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sure bud. Sure. Keep telling yourself things.

16154296f144869f116fb51eb120757c.jpg

Also, some people take extra years, especially women because, you know, starting a family thing.

seriously, you have a habit of jumping to the most ridiculously ignorant and obvious bias-confirming conclusions about everything, especially those that defend your own piss education against the so-called "elites" that always made you feel bad for getting better grades in school.

why is that? You could start asking yourself tough questions for once in your life, maybe accept that you aren't right about a lot of things...or just keep wallowing in the same ignorant comfort?

Reactions: TheVrolok

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I dont listen to the radio and I havent purchased an album since around 2000 or so.
That list means not so much to me.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I dont listen to the radio and I havent purchased an album since around 2000 or so.
That list means not so much to me.
I don't listen to the radio and I have purchased maybe 800 albums since around 2000 or so. That list means not so much to me. Apparently those artists found listeners for their music, good for them.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I don't listen to the radio and I have purchased maybe 800 albums since around 2000 or so. That list means not so much to me. Apparently those artists found listeners for their music, good for them.
6 spots by 2 bands is kind of funny and the fact that most of those songs are pop and not rock, also the replies where hilariously dunking on them

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Also, some people take extra years, especially women because, you know, starting a family thing.

seriously, you have a habit of jumping to the most ridiculously ignorant and obvious bias-confirming conclusions about everything, especially those that defend your own piss education against the so-called "elites" that always made you feel bad for getting better grades in school.

why is that? You could start asking yourself tough questions for once in your life, maybe accept that you aren't right about a lot of things...or just keep wallowing in the same ignorant comfort?
Dude is physically incapable of admitting he is wrong, even in silly cases (see the old lady bodybuilder thread or whatever it was). It's both equally hilarious and sad.