Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2698 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
This has nothing to do with Millennials. We've not been the ones suing, it's been the lawyers and family estates of the older musicians. A lot more Gen X than anything else I reckon but also Boomer family members. And hell, sometimes it WAS the musicians from the 60s and 70s going after the big stars and bands that made it huge off re-visited tunes they originally developed (or repurposed as well but don't admit it).

Go look on YouTube comments for these bands. It's them.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
FdaRzWv.jpg

Nov 8, 2012

Bridezilla thread,tldr cancels wedding takes 30k in donations, wants more gifts and then declares herself a victim

I would say she is a bitch, but people that are dumb enough to donate.... thirty...fucking...thousand... are already clearly stupid.

Also people are sincerely DUMB AS A DOOR to have discussions/arguments of that magnitude on social media. Facepalm.

EDIT: Hoooooly shit, read her follow-up comments in the other tweets in the URL. This bitch is cray-cray.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
I couldn't find a clip yet, but had a good chortle from the "Dolemite Is My Name" biopic:

"So what'd they say?"
"Shit, we just got into a legal semantic argument over cocksucking."

This is why I get so angry at all the self-righteous "PEOPLE PLAGIARIZED MUSIC AND THEY WEREN'T TALENTED AFTER ALL!" BS millennials and younger post on YouTube. Before the mid-70s or so, everyone borrowed everyone else's music and they were cool with it.

When bands started filling arenas and records started going double platinum, it attracted lawyers who started suing to get a piece of the pie. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Doors, Bob Dylan....all of the 60's and 70's bands used other people's music and reinvented it. Before lawyers, musicians were flattered if they came up with something other people latched on to.

I'm not sure how cool or flattered they actually were with it. It was just accepted as the norm because the music industry is just pure fucking shit as far as business practices go.

This has nothing to do with Millennials. We've not been the ones suing, it's been the lawyers and family estates of the older musicians. A lot more Gen X than anything else I reckon but also Boomer family members. And hell, sometimes it WAS the musicians from the 60s and 70s going after the big stars and bands that made it huge off re-visited tunes they originally developed (or repurposed as well but don't admit it).

Its record labels that bought the rights (or as has happened, claimed the rights when they didn't even actually own them) that have done most of the suing. They have no one to blame but themselves for the state of the industry, including the litigation aspects.

Go look on YouTube comments for these bands. It's them.

You're the one that bitched about the suing, he was saying it wasn't Millennials suing over that so your raging about Millennials was stupid as it has fucking nothing to do with that. Which, now you wanna bitch about fucking YouTube comments like that's worse? What the fuck are you thinking? I'm sure YouTube comments is entered into evidence in these trials. "As you can see suckfuckdicklick420anarchyxxxXXXxxx says that the defendant stole the song from my client, boom headshot noscoped, case closed!"

The weird baffling part is that you're basically going "well the people complaining suck because the entire industry was a complete and total piece of fucking shit for decades that fucking people over was the norm and people were ok with it." That's like saying well gee no one should give a fuck that Zeppelin and Bowie fucked the same very underage girl, cause like that was just fine back then. No one complained so that makes it all right all right all right.

Reactions: Toastedlightly