Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2628 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
The real causes of the vast majority of traffic backups and major accidents tend to just keep on driving, oblivious. And hell I wouldn't doubt if the driver was so completely ignorant of their own role and was only actively looking where needed and never saw any of the accident results down the road and probably only partially observed the one that nearly hit them.

I've never personally observed that kind of moronic behavior - but if it was remotely possible I would have been chasing them down like oh no, you ain't skipping on this, it's clearly all your fault. And such people should get the blame for all the downwind effects too. Fuck people like that. Take some other transportation instead, clearly have no right to be behind the wheel.

There's one thing that leaves me conflicted: I desperately wish for most major thoroughfares to be fully automated, all kinds of sensors and V2V communications systems, cars just zooming along without needing worry about humans who can't react in an appropriate amount of time.
But while I'd love to just kick back and let the robocar whisk me away to my destination, maybe dozing off, I'd still want somewhere I could still physically drive. I love the sport and art of it, the feel of the road (even though in the midwest I'd rather not feel the pothole-wrecked roads throughout winter and into spring... at best), and can't foresee giving up actually driving, forever.
we didn't cause the wreck, but one evening we passed OVER a bouncing extension ladder that somebody ahead of us lost off a truck. One look in the mirror was enough; both lanes wrecked together in a cloud of dust and debris. definitely a woah moment.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
we didn't cause the wreck, but one evening we passed OVER a bouncing extension ladder that somebody ahead of us lost off a truck. One look in the mirror was enough; both lanes wrecked together in a cloud of dust and debris. definitely a woah moment.
Was driving in GA behind a truck while in my Camaro, just came up an on-ramp, we both hit around 50, when three metal racks from some commercial shop (think those 4' horizontal Wal-Mart store racks) come flying out of the back, catch air, and flay out right in my direction. Never been so happy to have a vehicle with good traction control and suspension.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
d36a9db02bd601378afb005056a9545d

This reminds me of the days of people using ICQ or my wife using Incredimail :) My feelings were similar to hers (in the comic).

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
d36a9db02bd601378afb005056a9545d

This reminds me of the days of people using ICQ or my wife using Incredimail :) My feelings were similar to hers (in the comic).
I don't mind the audio feedback when I type. Let's me know if the device is too busy to process my input if things start getting delayed.