Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2078 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
The last time this thread went "down", it was because of P&N stuff...

I'm trying to remove all this stupid thread-derailing squabbling. Some folks will just keep on and on and on with the "I know you are but what am I" until someone comes along and stops it.

admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I5yPFUD.jpg

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I removed about 40 "I know you are but what am I" posts. Please don't start up again.

As one member said "Read it, don't like it? Get over it and move on."

Administrator allisolm

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I removed about 40 "I know you are but what am I" posts. Please don't start up again.

As one member said "Read it, don't like it? Get over it and move on."

Administrator allisolm

Thank you, from all of us that read this thread.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
How society treats bad grammar...

"Axe" instead of "ask" is ignorant

Dropping the "g" from the end of words is folksy

"Ax" is probably more correct than "ask."
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/2008/03/ask-vs-aks-ax.html
They are both a perversion of earlier words with "ax" being closer. That branch of the word's evolution never fell out of use and is at least equally, if not more correct.

Her example of "literally" is particularly stupid: it's incorrect because people WILL misinterpret you. The word "literally" has a meaning. People heard other people using "literally" to explain that they weren't exaggerating, didn't know the meaning out of ignorance, continued believing that the person was exaggerating, and started to use it when they themselves exaggerated. If a word can mean two opposite things in the exact same context then it is useless. If one usage is clearly incorrect and ignorant of the intended meaning then it needs to stop before it negates the usefulness of either application.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
i dont get it.

I believe it's a picture of Axl Rose looking a bit heavy and the caption 'Take me down to Jenny Craig City, i've got a real big gut and huge man titties'

Anyways...

picture-101.png

Last edited:

dillhole

Apr 1, 2016
gone for me. I just need to know if axl's being a wise and beautiful woman.

link still works for me. wasn't sure if i could directly link to it (versus embedding it), so i didn't.

meh. surely a link to a google search of it is alright?

I believe it's a picture of Axl Rose looking a bit heavy and the caption 'Take me down to Jenny Craig City, i've got a real big gut and huge man titties'

Anyways...

snip

yep, that's the one. and lol.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

Anyways...
LOL - Incoming DMCA notice. I wonder how many different images we can come up with before they get tired of sending them.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If the request originated from Axl, I'm puzzled by the lack of understanding of internet justice. That pic is likely to show up on hacked billboards now.