Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2059 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
KpClMex.png

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

Well as pointed out, technically the original Ghostbusters film used a 1959 Cadillac ambulance.

As the second link pointed out, the old platform was mostly usage-agnostic. In the original movie, it was the 1959 Cadillac Commercial Chassis, based on the Cadillac Series 75, and it could perform duties as an ambulance or a hearse. But in the movie, it is clearly an ambulance-specific model. ;)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

lol - but it's not accurate

the dark side is entirely obscured by shadow, you aren't seeing an eye in a weird spot, rather, just the mottled paintwork representing a shadow.

However, the rest of the shape that can be identified, is definitely odd. Could be meant to be viewed from a specific angle and it was "off", but... I think more effort was simply placed in getting the "what the hell is it" nature of the drawing across, more than it being physiologically accurate. Perhaps that would have made it more obvious, and that was the opposite of intentions?

I dunno.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Grrr.

The instant I saw it I thought 'ok, its a guy in a hat, what am I missing, is there some other way to look at it in which it looks like something else...a rabbit facing forward or a duck backing up, perhaps? Something rude? Is it not actually a drawing but an accidental shadow? Is it some famous guy in a hat who I'm not familiar with and hence am missing the joke?''
Spent ages trying to work out what it was other than the obvious 'guy in a hat'. Even cut and pasted it and rotated the image to see what else it could look like...Then googled it to find...its a guy in a hat.

Am I still missing something? How could you see it as anything other than 'guy in a hat'?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Grrr.

The instant I saw it I thought 'ok, its a guy in a hat, what am I missing, is there some other way to look at it in which it looks like something else...a rabbit facing forward or a duck backing up, perhaps? Something rude? Is it not actually a drawing but an accidental shadow? Is it some famous guy in a hat who I'm not familiar with and hence am missing the joke?''
Spent ages trying to work out what it was other than the obvious 'guy in a hat'. Even cut and pasted it and rotated the image to see what else it could look like...Then googled it to find...its a guy in a hat.

Am I still missing something? How could you see it as anything other than 'guy in a hat'?

Try to look at only the shaded parts, ignore the concept of a face.

Probably next to impossible with your mind already having determined it is in fact a face, but if you didn't see it at first, it could look sort of like a shapeless blob that you could sort of imagine is just about anything.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Try to look at only the shaded parts, ignore the concept of a face.

Probably next to impossible with your mind already having determined it is in fact a face, but if you didn't see it at first, it could look sort of like a shapeless blob that you could sort of imagine is just about anything.

No big deal, its just slightly ironic that its a much more time-consuming puzzle if you immediately see it as hat-guy than if you don't!
I thought humans were almost programmed to see human faces in things, though, even when they aren't there. Sorry for all the text. Will stop now.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
Grrr.

Same. Thought it was a guy in a hat, spent time trying to "see" something else in the picture. :D

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Same. Thought it was a guy in a hat, spent time trying to "see" something else in the picture. :D

I wonder if this is some sort of "side of the brain" picture, because I spent about 5 minutes staring at post 51444, and could not see it until post 51454.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004

looks sort of like a bug with the head at the bottom, legs coming out the left side, wings, and tail-end at the top

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I can't see what it is other than a guy in a cowboy hat. I Google-searched the image, Google thinks I'm looking at an invertebrate... not too helpful. :(

I was going to suggest someone do that to see how it might be perceived differently. lol I had did that, and thought: okay, that's definitely not it dammit, what now?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
thanks for posting. My daughter is on the USS Reagan and has some great pics of Iwo Jima as they steamed past on route to Japan last year. The Captain (Capt Bolt) made a Facebook tribute video from the bridge as they went past because it was on the anniversary of the battle.

https://youtu.be/7ap6kseqYfs
I met a female from the Reagan a couple of years ago in San Diego. He was waitressing part time. Probably the most beautiful female I have ever seen. But such an airhead.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk