Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2040 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
YG2Lg8q.png

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
jesus christ there is a fucking shit load of words spelled wrong in america

http://www.searchenginepeople.com/b...oes-your-blog-speak-to-the-proper-market.html

Most of those are spelled correctly. ;)

And half of those are uncommon spellings in the states. Single vs Double "L" words are invariably spelled both ways; i.e. cancelled vs canceled. I tend to utilize two Ls, it does look better.

I have never seen amoeba spelled ameba. That's just wrong, period. Axe vs Ax tends to be dialect/intelligence. Most utilize Axe from what I've seen.

We drop unnecessary u's in words. Color is correct, dammit. So is behavior. What is the u's supposed to be doing there? Simplify, dammit. English, not French. :p

A good portion of those words are "re" vs "er" suffixes. Again, English motherfuckers, do ya speak it? Harder "er" endings are better English, you can have your Frenchified English if y'all want, but we're not having it over here.

Comically, it appears we American adopted willful, with double L, while you British-subjects adopted wilful.
I think we did this to spite you. :D

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012

And half of those are uncommon spellings in the states. Single vs Double "L" words are invariably spelled both ways; i.e. cancelled vs canceled. I tend to utilize two Ls, it does look better.

I have never seen amoeba spelled ameba. That's just wrong, period. Axe vs Ax tends to be dialect/intelligence. Most utilize Axe from what I've seen.

We drop unnecessary u's in words. Color is correct, dammit. So is behavior. What is the u's supposed to be doing there? Simplify, dammit. English, not French. :p

A good portion of those words are "re" vs "er" suffixes. Again, English motherfuckers, do ya speak it? Harder "er" endings are better English, you can have your Frenchified English if y'all want, but we're not having it over here.

Comically, it appears we American adopted willful, with double L, while you British-subjects adopted wilful.

when the americans separated from british rule you were not fucking around.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002

"Cheque" is the worst....what the hell is that about? That's just taking it too far.