Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 2000 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Pic Replaced.....
waitress-1.jpg

I remember that happening :D I think it was back in the 80's or 90's.
May 2001 - http://legalpublication.blogspot.com/2007/09/jodee-berry-ex-waitress-sues-hooters.html

Yet another "Toy Yoda" lawsuit...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-pG8uvZEY

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
She sued and got enough to buy a car.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/09/toy-yoda.htm

edit: derp I'm slow

Seriously, wow.

It sounds like an overall dick move on the restaurant manager's part, but there was no fucking written contract dictating what would be awarded to whom, what the terms were, etc... And the joke was pretty obvious to someone that isn't retarded.

But then again, this is a waitress at Hooter's were talking about. Just goes to show why our court system is so flooded with bullshit since someone was able to get money out of situations like this.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Seriously, wow.

It sounds like an overall dick move on the restaurant manager's part, but there was no fucking written contract dictating what would be awarded to whom, what the terms were, etc... And the joke was pretty obvious to someone that isn't retarded.

But then again, this is a waitress at Hooter's were talking about. Just goes to show why our court system is so flooded with bullshit since someone was able to get money out of situations like this.

I remember when this first happened and I read about it in the paper.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Seriously, wow.

I'd argue this is a legit lawsuit. Contests don't need to be written contracts, in fact none are. There's laws surrounding contests and commission and it's clear as day they violated the law. The employer got their end of the contest, extra sales, but didn't provide the reward.

Think of it as sales commission never paid, not cool or legal.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I'd argue this is a legit lawsuit. Contests don't need to be written contracts, in fact none are. There's laws surrounding contests and commission and it's clear as day they violated the law. The employer got their end of the contest, extra sales, but didn't provide the reward.

I'm no lawyer, but I doubt a manager going "Hey I'm going to give a prize to our top performing person" is the same as a public/official contest.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

Plus it was obvious that the bar owner was just trying to make a fool of the waitress knowing that she wouldn't get the joke. So you could argue that there was an element of malice in addition to the misrepresentation. That makes it more of a tort than a simple breach of an implied contract and in the case of an intentional tort, you can get punitive damages in addition to whatever compensation you're entitled to. So if the bar settled, this was probably why.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Too bad Michael Dorn (Worf) didn't fit (you can see his glasses) in the pic, Shatner should have switched places with him.

The guy in the back? I assume security or employee for whatever event the picture was taken at.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
My Grandmother's name was Hume and learned to do the Sword Cally wearing Kelts by the time I was 5. So what she was a Scott but I consider myself Irish and 1/2 Dutch with a Scottish Heritage.

I was Baptized Christian under the King James Bible (Presbyterian) but I'm a Barbarian in the Eye's of the Catholic Church and considered an threat to Catholicism even thought I married a Catholic French Girl whom can't speak French any better then I can.

I love my Children beyond their quest for Faith.

Last edited:

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Can you point me in the direction of that lady's double sided tape vendor? Clearly they got a quality product going on there.

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
A Wolverine will capture the Heart and Effervescence of a Badger where there is no Resistance.

Hume's are naturally drawn - Old Scottish Celtic Tale - And we end up as Fisher Martin.

True Canadian Folk Tale over Hume.

Last edited: