Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 649 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
EaZ2k.gif

Ah! The Bearodactyl. :awe:

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
What caused the spectacular failure of the fire extinguisher?

Also, I've never noticed an accessible fire extinguisher around gasoline pumps. Not where I live, anyway. Probably should have them.

I don't think it was a failure of the extinguisher so much as the operator fell and kept his finger on the trigger.

How did the fire start or was the idiot smoking?

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000

Also, I've never noticed an accessible fire extinguisher around gasoline pumps. Not where I live, anyway. Probably should have them.

Looks like he lost control of it and slipped when he first hit the trigger.

Otherwise, I can't imagine keeping a pressurized container outside exposed to highly variable temperatures on a day to day basis can be good.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
maybe he plugged it and cooked it elsewhere, and remove the whole unit when it's done.

Quite possibly, hadn't thought of that. My point of reference:

My daughter's old elementary school banned the use of metal lunch boxes... they would probably call SWAT if she would have tried to use a George Foreman (et al.)

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011

Usually they locate fire extinguishers AWAY from where the source of the fire is likely... Rule #1: Get away from the fire.

Same thing with the emergency shutoff switches... they are usually located up by the building or off to the side.

Looks to me like the top blew off the extinguisher bottle...

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004

Thats somewhere in Europe, and I agree. I've never seen them anywhere in America but I've seen them just about everywhere in Europe I've been, France, UK, etc